TWELVE

Shai hugged me before she left my restaurant.

Both Zena and Perry left before her.

Shai was not able to see Xander because she was answering a call outside.

Only P and Z were able to meet him.

They even have a nickname for him!

Mister Suave, my ass!

Just because he has this amazing voice, he's already a big deal!

I scoffed when I saw him taking a gulp before starting the evening set.

According to my HR assistant, Xander has schedules every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday here from 4:00 until 8:00 in the evening.

The reason, I don't want to know.

I checked my calendar and saw that it has been a week since my last session with Dra. Duchess.

I was grateful for her. I was able to adjust and live life normally ever since our last session.

I saw my schedule with her tomorrow at two in the afternoon.

Maybe, I can also consult her about this weird feelings I have lately and my visions becoming less frequent but occurs abruptly.

I sighed and prepared to leave.

I was about to head out when a hand held my arm.

I turned to look at the person and I met his gaze.

There was a coy smile escaping his lips.

"Hey. I haven't seen you a lot lately. How are you?" Xander asked, his face full of concern.

I wanted to frown at his nosiness but chose to display at tight smile.

"I'm fine. I have to go." I said and pulled my arm back.

I was a couple of steps away from the entrance door of our restaurant when he said something that made me halt my grounds.

"I know you're not fine. Just open up to me if you want to talk." Xander yelled and I hurried down to my car.

I drew a deep breath when I arrived at my car.

I tightened my grasp on the steering wheel and calmed myself.

I turned on the engine and the music player to relax my fast beating heart.

Once calmed down, I started driving.

I did not know where I was heading until a driver honked his car behind me in an attempt to overtake mine.

I gave him the signal and he did what he had to do.

I found myself driving along to my parents' grave.

It was almost seven in the evening and I was supposed to be having my dinner at home but thankfully, I had my snack with my friends.

I parked the car and saw the lush greenery of the cemetery.

I held on to my bag when I had locked the car.

Gentle breeze kissed my skin as I walked to their tombs.

Once I got there, I looked down at their names imprinted on it.

It has been, what, a year or two, since they died in the accident.

I missed them.

I missed my mom and dad.

I missed telling mom about my day.

When I told her about my crush ignoring me and got jealous when I received love letters placed inside my locker.

I missed dad driving me home whenever I have to be late because of group works and projects.

God. I missed them terribly.

I did not realized I was crying until teardrops fell on my arms.

I automatically wiped them out and smiled.

"I love you, mom and dad. Please guide me everyday."

I said and after saying little prayers for them, I left the place.

Before I even reached my car, I felt the hairs on my nape stood up and I shivered instantly.

I frowned thinking it may be the wind.

I continued stepping on the lawn grass and when I approached my car with my hand on the car handle, I gasped in surprise.

There, across the narrow road separating the other graves, stood a tall and lanky man in a hooded grey jacket and denim pants.

For a moment, I thought I was alone.

But his presence sent shivers down my spine.

I pretended not to be astonished by his presence and casually stepped inside my car and locked the doors up.

I realized I was holding my breath back there and I grabbed my bottled mineral water to drink.

Once I have calmed my nerves, I shook my head thinking that I had too much caffeine in my system.

As I was nearing the exit of the cemetery on my steering wheel, something fell on my car's windshield.

I gasped when I saw a pigeon fell from somewhere.

The impact was unexpected that it created a crack on my windshield.

I drove for a moment and parked at the street.

I looked for a plastic to remove the dead pigeon away from it and found one in my compartment.

I pulled it out and went out of the car.

Grossed as I was with its form, I was able to found stick which I could use to place the dead bird inside the plastic.

Thankfully, there was a garbage bin nearby so I threw it quickly and returned to my car.

Everything felt strange today so I decided to went home as fast as I could.