TWENTY SIX

Much has happened within the next months after the incident.

Amanda's father passed away due to his heart illness and wasn't able to make it until she gave birth to her firstborn.

The wake took only three days before her father was buried and Amanda's mom had a breakdown after that.

Duchess, my psychologist who also happened to be Shei's friend too, was able to come to her aid and had sorted it out after.

The month after that, thankfully, became fine. Me and the MBA squad finally graduated and are now enjoying the freedom.

Apart from the recent happenings, Olivia was also due to give birth around two months after Amanda.

I sighed and I didn't realized I was on my dreamy-eyed mode when Xander tapped my shoulder.

We were back in our regular routine at the restaurant and he has his gig later on at four o'clock here.

"What's with that look, love?" Xander frowned and his eyebrows creased in curiosity.

Yeah, he got used to calling me that even before when he was courting me and now that we are official, I can say that he has became sweeter since then.

"Nothing. I'm just jealous about Amanda and Olivia. Both are successful in their respective families and now will be mothers soon. Syempre, we all know Oli is already a mom." I said and rolled my eyes. I was about to continue my words when I noticed him grinning in front of me as he sat across mine at the bar counter top.

"Do you want to make one? I ain't complaining –. " Xander suggested but I cut him off by slapping his arm and he yelped in pain as he massaged the one which I had slapped. "Aw, love! That was fast!"

"You're so annoying!" I exclaimed and stuck out my tongue at him.

My eyes drifted to the old woman who seemed to be lost in her thoughts as she entered our restaurant.

"Mahal mo naman." Xander said as a matter of fact and I hushed him and discretely pointed my lips to the old woman.

We watched how one of our waiters assisted her and led her to a vacant table. She went towards it and sat. She placed her mini-tote bag on her lap and pulled out something from it.

One of our waiters gave her a cold water and handed her the menu but she shook her head and mouthed something which we cannot decipher but I think she's waiting for someone.

"Love, I think, I have seen her somewhere. She looks so familiar to me." Xander whispered as he munched on some nuts given to us by one of our staff.

It was my turn to frown. He's right. I think she's someone I have seen before.

Those graying hair and the timid smile she gave were all too familiar to me. And, then I remembered.

"Kila Amanda!" Both me and Xander blurted out and had to cover our mouths to silence ourselves. We giggled for a bit and stopped before we got noticed by her.

"Lapitan mo na, love. Ask her what she needs." Xander urged me and I had my second thoughts.

"Natural, andito sya para kumain. Ano gagawin ni nanay? Tatumbling?" I answered sarcastically and threw my napkin on top of the table.

Xander chuckled and shook his head. "In as much as I wanted to throw a rebuttal at you, I'm telling you to go and ask her. Who knows, maybe she's not what she seems to be." He said in a knowing glance.

Before I even leave the bar counter, a waiter approached me and told me that the old woman was asking for me.

Xander and I exchanged knowing glances and I nodded at him.

I straightened my denim skirt and approached the table where the old woman is at and prepared to smile at her.

"Hello, ma'am! Good afternoon! Is there anything I can help you with? I'm — " I was introducing myself when she cut me off.

"Leniah Salcedo." She smiled and patted the table to gesture me to sit opposite hers.

Without breaking our eye contact, I took my seat and smiled at her.

My insides are telling me that I am about to know something unexpected from her.

"I am Leticia Trinidad, your mother's aunt." The old woman saud and I couldn't help but gasped at her. "I know na ganito ang magiging reaksyon mo dahil ngayon lang tayo nagkita and your mom must have not told you about me and her family. Have a snack with me and I'll tell you about it."

Aunt Leticia called on the waiter and  told him about her order. I ordered for myself too before she began to talk.

Yes. There are still things that I did not know about our family and its relation with Amanda's.

Who could have thought that we are second-degree cousins?

Wow!