FIFTEEN

My tears had sprung from my eyes when I heard Xander's words about meeting my mom two years ago.

It was an unexpected meeting between mom and him at a fastfood in her hometown.

According to him, mom was waiting for someone to discuss about my situation.

"Your mom was waiting for an older woman who seems to know about you and what you were experiencing. " Xander said and touched my hands.

We went to his place instead.

Wag kayong mag-isip ng kung ano.

We are in the front porch of his house.

I am seated in a hammock chair cushioned swing while he sits on a rattan styled one opposite of mine.

If I was in the mood to comment on his place, I would have given one but not in this state.

I am on the verge of knowing my past.

"I was there because my instincts told me so. Believe it or not, I also have been dreaming about you. I felt like I have known you for so long." Xander babbled on and I just listened to him.

"Why did not any of you told me about it? Bakit kailangang mawala pa sila ni dad pareho bago ko nalaman to??" I asked almost freaking out.

"Your mom doesn't want to. My lola suggested not to say anything. My lola.. She- she was the one whom your mother was talking to. At the fastfood chain years ago." Xander said, not meeting my eyes.

"Ano??" I exclaimed in disbelief.
"Ano problema? Hindi ba mas masosolusyonan kung sasabihin sa akin kung bakit kailangang ako pa yung makaranas ng ganong mga pangitain? Hindi ko to ginusto! Hindi ko to hiningi!" I totally freaked out right then and there.

Xander rushed to my side and tried to calm me down.

I was sobbing both in disappointment and fear that someone innocent may die again because of a freak accident I might have foreseen these past few weeks.

I didn't know what he did but shortly after he consoled me, I have calmed down.

Something must have triggered me to blurt out my repressed feelings from the day that mom and dad died from the accident.

Maybe, Duchess is right.

All I need to do was to sort out my feelings and talk to Xander.

And indeed, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulder.

"Okay ka na? Wait, I'll get you water. I'll be right back." Xander asked and stood up to enter his house.

I heaved a deep breath and looked forward his front yard.

It was past five already and I could already feel the night breeze.

I closed my eyes to calm myself and then I heard footsteps from behind me.

I opened my eyes and met his.

On his hand was a glass of water and a slice of cake on a saucer in his right hand.

"Here. Take this. My bad. Hindi muna kita pinagmeryenda bago ka nagvent out at bago ako magkwento." Xander offered with a smile.

I was mesmerized and when I realized what just happened, I immediately took the saucer and glass and placed them on top of the center table in front of us.

"Thank you. I'm sorry too. I freaked out." I said sincerely.

Xander shook his head and relaxed his back at the backrest of his hammock.

"It's a common initial reaction for someone who has learned her past. Kahit ako, if I were in your position, initial reaction ko din ang magtanong at magalit."  He said and I nodded.

I started to slice down the cake and brought it to my mouth.

"No worries. I understand you. " Xander said and smiled at me.

I smiled back.

I finished my cake in ten minutes and drank the water he gave me.

"Now, tell me, how will these visions of mine disappear? How come you are involved? Are you a shaman or whatever?" I asked and chuckled hoping the awkward atmosphere will fade out soon.

Xander chuckled too.

"So, eto na nga.." Xander started and I was shocked in what I have found out.

These were all impossible to take in but what he revealed to me appeared to be the only way for these visions to lessen and maybe go away.

Good luck to me!