THIRTEEN

Everything passed by swiftly.

Here I am in Duchess' clinic and was lying on my back in her plush cushioned one-seater couch.

She was just there listening and occasionally asking about how my past few weeks went.

We were being comfortable talking with each other when she dropped the words which struck me.

"Are you sure you and this Xander don't know each other?" Duchess asked and my forehead creased.
"I mean, even before you two met?"

"Sa pagkakaalam ko naman ngayon lang kame nagkakilala. Sa resto." I said and my forehead started creasing as well.

"Okay.. I just thought you were either childhood friends who got separated or both of you are exes." Duchess said and shrugged.

I almost choked on my saliva then laughed lightly.

"You got me there, Duch. But no, we're neither." I shook my head.

"Here's what I noticed based on your story: whenever you're around him, you actually have a dreamless or a peaceful sleep after. But whenever you don't get to see him or his presence was not around, those visions came to you. Is he like a talisman or something?" Duchess asked as to confirm her assumptions.

I frowned. There was some truth to it.

And all I thought, ako lang ang nakakapansin.

"I don't want to get your hopes up but maybe, you should sort it out with him soon." Duchess said and I started to get her point.

I do not want Xander to freak out but I know I have to confirm things for my sanity.

I just have to find a way to do it without acting and being so strange around him.

The question is, how?

Duchess ended our session and told me our next schedule since she'll be out-of-the-country for a week for an international convention in Japan.

We engaged in a casual conversation before I bid goodbye.

I glanced at my car clock and noticed it's lunch time.

My restaurant is out-of-way.

The nearby restaurant is a couple of meters away so I went in there instead.

I entered Ristorante De Silva as soon as I parked the car and a kind waitress led me to a vacant table and gave me the menu.

I ordered their smoky albondigas and agua fresca with chiacherre as dessert.

I busied myself scrolling on my phone when someone sat across mine.

I raised my eyes and met his gaze.

Xander Aragon, in flesh, was sitting across me with a wide smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my forehead creasing.

"To eat, I think?" Xander answered and signalled the waiter for a menu.

He told him his orders and requested to have it served the same time as mine.

The waiter gladly noted it and left.

"Ikaw ah. Hindi ka faithful sa resto mo." Xander joked and chuckled lightly.

I rolled my eyes and answered him.
"Hindi ba pwedeng pinakamalapit to sa pinanggalingan ko at nagugutom na ako para dumayo sa malayo?"

"Awww. Gutom na ang baby ko." Xander cooed and teased me.

I raised an eyebrow at him but I couldn't hide the fact that my insides are going crazy with his playful attitude towards me.

Thankfully, our orders arrived.

Before he could open up more, I had forked a bit of his food and shoved it into his mouth.

His mouth hung open in surprise.

When I realized what I just did, my jaw dropped as well.

I watched Xander chewed his food and smirked at me.

"Ikaw ha. Gusto mo subuan din kita?" Xander teased me again.

I tried to act normal and casually as I could.

As if I did not do anything crazy, I casually ate in silence.

He remained grinning while taking a bite of his food.

Then, as if on cue, a mellow music played in the background.

I drew a deep breath and sipped on my drink.

Could it be any more awkward than this?

Luckily, a man approached us and slapped Xander's shoulder in acknowledgment.

"Yow! Kamusta! Sya na ba yun, tol?" The man asked and Xander's ears turned pink.

"Tigilan mo ko, par! On the house mo na samen ah!" Xander commented and slapped him too.

"Ikaw pa ba! Sakalam ka saken, lods!" The man exclaimed and they both laughed.

"Oh, si Onyx nga pala, may-ari nitong resto." Xander introduced him to me. "And this is Leniah Salcedo, my madam."

I gave Onyx a polite smile and he did too.

"Enjoy your food, madam. On the house na yan." Onyx said.

"Are you sure? I can pay naman." I asked and Onyx nodded. "Okay. If you say so, thank you." I smiled genuinely at him.

"Oh, sige na. Hanap ka na dun ng mga empleyado mo. Tsupe!" Xander pushed him away and Onyx laughed.

"You're so rude." I frowned at him and chewed on my food. "He's just being nice."

"Kumain ka na lang dyan, madam." Xander said and I rolled my eyes again.

Thankfully, we finished our food in silence and he walked me to my car.

"Drive safely, madam." Xander said and waved at me with a smile.

I just nodded and drove off while my eyes kept peeking at him on the rearview mirror.

I sighed and parked my car at the side of the road for a while.

I let out a muffled scream and my smile just won't stop.

Shocks.

I must really like him with all this annoying smile I have.

Gosh, girl!

Calm yourself!

I turned on the radio and sang along to my favorite songs as I drove my way back home.