SEVENTEEN

"LENIAH! Wake up!" I was literally shaking when Xander woke me up by shaking my shoulders.

His worried eyes met mine and I hugged him immediately out of fear.

"Hush.. Anong nangyare? You were screaming and I awoke to your cries." He asked, his brows furrowed with concern.

"Patulog na ako.. Hindi ko alam kung tulog na ako ng oras na yon pero..." I gasped and shook my head, trying to dismiss the heavy feeling in my heart.

"Pero ano?" He asked again.

"Na-naramdaman kong may nakatingin sa akin. Dito. Dito sa loob ng bahay mo. I felt his gnawing presence and sa oras na yon. A-alam ko na hindi ako naghahallucinate o ano man." I ranted on and on while he caressed my arms to calm me down.

"You want me to look around? I know nilock ko na ang mga pintuan sa baba bago pa tayo umakyat dito para matulog." Xander commented and looked at me.

I shook my head.

I trust him when he said he locked the doors before we went up.

I was there with him.

We made sure we are safe before we parted ways to our rooms.

"Ju-just stay. Please sleep with me." I said almost in a whisper.

At first he was surprised with my request but he realized I meant the other thing.

"Okay." He said and stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked and met his eyes.

"Kunin ko lang yung unan ko. Then, I'll sleep at the couch." Xander said and before I can utter a word, he left.

I sighed.

Ano ba tong nangyayare sa akin?

Bakit ba sunod-sunod ang kamalasan?

I know I'm brave.

But, after the pigeon incident on the road after I went to the cemetery, I suddenly became anxious and uneasy.

Shortly after Xander went to his room, he arrived with two pillows and a blanket.

He closed the door and I can't help but to gulp.

My eyes feasted on his white shirt as it hugged his chiseled body.

I looked away even before he noticed that I am drooling over his physique.

He made his way to the couch across my bed.

I started lying down on my bed again as he did so.

He made himself comfortable as he covered himself with a blanket and closed his eyes.

I turned to my side facing him.

I can't help but start to admire his features.

Even with his eyes closed and tired look, he still is gorgeous.

"Matulog ka na, madam." Xander's voice boomed in the atmosphere.

I almost jolted in surprise.

I felt my cheeks turning red.

I was just glad that the lights were turned off, else, I'm going to die with humiliation.

"I can feel you still staring at me. Close your eyes. Hindi kita iiwan dito."

Those were Xander's last words before I drifted to sleep.

Morning came and I awoke to the smell of coffee and bacon being cooked in the kitchen.

I fixed my bed before going down.

I saw Xander placing a generous amount of rice over a crystal bowl and I was more amazed how many foods he cooked only for our breakfast.

He prepared bacon, pancake, hotdogs and sunny-side up egg.

It was a feast indeed.

"Hala sya! Bakit andami naman ata nyan? May bisita ka bang darating ngayon?" I asked and sat on the chair.

I inhaled the sweet aroma of coffee and blew on it before sipping it to relax my mind.

"Hindi ko alam kung ano hilig mong kainin for breakfast so I thought of cooking them all." Xander said and sat at the end of the dining table.
"Dig in. I'm starving already."

In a few moments, only silence filled our air.

The sound of spoons and forks clanking as we are were the only accompaniment.

Once we were done, I offered to clear the dishes but he did not let me.

Bisita daw kasi ako.

Me, being me, argued with him and in the end, I won.

I washed the dishes and placed them gently on the dishwasher after a few minutes.

I can hear water splashing upstairs and realized Xander was showering and I sighed again.

I need to go home to check if my house is still whole and safe.

Do I have to ask permission from him?

I guess not.

I searched for a pen and paper and wrote down my message.

I made sure to lock his door before I went to my house across his.