NINETEEN

I sighed as I listened to our Professor as she discussed our topic today.

Shei nudged me to catch my attention.

"Oks ka lang, bruu? You seemed off today." She asked in a whisper.

I managed to smile and whispered back to her, "Yes. Oks lang ako. Mamaya na lang baka magalit si miss."

She nodded and we listened to our Professor.

Today is the start of our last semester (hopefully) in MBA.

And yes, just as we expected, things became tougher.

I already have a thesis title in mind yet my mind is going haywire because of the words that the stalker  had said while me and Xander were in my house last week.

He'll be after my friends in no time.

I want to warn them but I don't want to scare them away.

I don't want them to be in danger but I cannot avoid not talking to them about a lot of things.

I was so lost in my thoughts that break time came and I was still in trance and staring into space.

"Bru! Huy!" Zena exclaimed and snapped her fingers in front of me.

I blinked and looked at her.

"Lunch time na. Arat na." Zena explained and I nodded.

I was about to grab my bag when Perry snatched it away from my grasp.

"Hindi ka okay." Perry remarked and both Zena and Shei's eyes are on me.

I managed a tight smile and shook my head.

"May naalala lang. Tara na, guys. Lunch break na oh. Tom Jones na din ako." I said and tried to get my bag but he didn't let me.

"Ako na magdadala.. Let's go, guys." Perry said and I sighed.

We followed him to an empty table at the cafeteria and sat on the chairs.

Shei sat beside me at the aisle while Perry, instead of sitting at his usual place at the aisle opposite Shei, sat across mine instead and Zena took his seat beside him.

"Ako na mag-order for us guys. Shei, samahan mo ko, please. Hindi ko keri yun." Zena asked and Shei nodded and stood up as they went to the counters.

"Spill now, Leni. What's bothering you that you cannot tell us? We're your friends, remember?" Perry asked and looked directly into my eyes.

I sighed and covered my face in frustration.

Pano ko ba sasabihin to?

Na I can see visions of the future and their joyful pasts without freaking them out?

Pano ko sasabihin na I am being followed and they are the targets of the mysterious stalker I recently had?

Pano ko sasabihin na they are also in danger because I am connected with them?

I groaned in frustration and irritability.

"Walang mangyayare kakakusot mo ng mukha mo at kaka-ungol mo dyan. You want to tell me? Or wait for the girls to bombard you with questions?" Perry asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

Before I can even speak, the girls arrived with our foods on the tray.

Shei knows me too well when I am stressed and lost.

She ordered me my fave baked macaroni, 2 pieces of brownies and my anti-stressor, Wintermelon Milktea and a bottle of water.

"Thank you, Sheeei!! Bayaran- " I started but was cut off by Zena who shook her head.

"Nope. It's on us. Don't worry." Zena said and sat across Shei.

Shei distributed our foods and soon we began eating.

"Now, talk, Leni. No reason not to spill the tea." Shei said and I felt their eyes bore into mine as they ate their foods.

"Alam ko, mahirap paniwalaan pero I can see the future." I began to speak and waited for their reactions.

I expected them to laugh and throw jokes at me but I only got silence from them.

"Go on. We are not going to judge you." Zena nodded and I heaved a deep breath before telling me my story.

It took me almost fifteen minutes to air all my concerns out and they were nice enough to let me speak without them occasionally butting in.

Once I was done, Perry started to talk.

"I believe you. I know how uneasy you were when I was at the hospital.    Honestly, I feared for my life back then. But when I got fine, I always wanted to see and talk to you. I know there isn't much more that we or I can do but if you need help with anything, just tell us." Perry said.

Shei held my hand and butted in.
"Tell us. I know there is something else that is bothering you apart from that."

"My life and yours are in danger. Lately, someone is stalking me everywhere I go." I said.

I told them about the time when I went to visit my parents' grave at the cemetery.

I also told them about what happened in my house.

"Oh my gosh! You should have someone with you 24/7! You cannot be alone!" Zena exclaimed.

"Xander has been spending time with me since then." I admitted and Zena started teasing me.

I blushed and tried to remain unaffected.

"Naintriga naman ako sa Xander na yan! Hindi ko pa namimeet yan ah!" Shei rebutted and Zena laughed.

"Loka! May selfie na nga kame oh!" Zena pulled out her phone and showed Shei their photo.

I saw Shei's eyes widened.

"Xander Aragon? Etong kulugong to!?" Shei asked and looked at me then back to the picture.

My forehead creased and asked her.

"Why? Ano meron kay Xander?" I asked in curiosity.

Shei burst out in laughter.

"Eh pinsan ko to eh! Hahahah! Kaloka! Matawagan ko nga mamaya to!"

It was my turn to get wide-eyed at her.

Who would have thought?