TWENTY FOUR

When I get to look into Stu's eyes, I just knew I will never feel the same way for him again.

"I have long been wanting to touch you. What the hell happened and you have turned your back to me?" Stu asked in rage and despair.

I started to whimper when he was about to slap me but he didn't do so.

I was momentarily grateful to think that he can now control his temper but I was never prepared when he hit me with the excess part of the rope that was used to tie my hands.

I yelped in pain and horror when it stung beneath my pajamas. Tears flowed freely on my face and I can never look at him in the eyes.

Stuart Montgomery has become worst. He has become an obsessed monster.

"Boss! Boss! May parak!" One of the guys outside the room shouted and indeed, I can hear police sirens and Stu started to become a cussing machine.

"Fvck! Fvck! What did you do!" Stu yelled at me and started pacing back and forth. He kept on mumbling incorrigible and unintelligible words as the police sirens drew nearer our location.

I began to crawl from my position to the door. The sounds of protest were heard from our spot behind the abandoned house where we were at.

I was whimpering silently in pain because of the impact of the rope on my legs was so deep.

It's like it has grazed my flesh and I would bet a hundred bucks that they were bleeding already.

My skin was so thin that even a papercut could make me pale. I didn't know if it's normal at all or I am just hemophobic.

I started to get dizzy at the sight of blood on my pajamas. I didn't notice how the police came in and had Stu handcuffed while he was still busy mumbling things and occasionally kept on grinning.

It was like he seemed to have a mental problem. He appeared to talk to himself and would be heard fighting to someone imaginary.

"Sayang to. Mukhang may tama." One of the police officers said and escorted Stu out of the abandoned place.

I felt strong arms carried me out of the room and from there, I knew I was safe. I surrendered to sleep the exhaustion, dizziness and pain.

The next day, I woke up on a hospital bed and saw Xander in his sleeping form beside me, his head resting over his hands.

With my free left hand, I touched his soft hair and smiled.

Xander may be late in rescuing me but he saved me from the beast that was aiming to claim me and my body.

Xander moved and groaned before he noticed I was awake. I almost laughed seeing how he blinked as if he was still thinking if I was a mirage or not.

"Leni! Baby!" He shouted and I winced.

"Kailangang nakasigaw?" I asked sarcastically and playfully slapped his arm.

"Aw!" He rubbed his arm and frowned at me. "Kailangang mamisikal?" He shot back and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm hungry. Food. I want food." I cooed and put on my puppy eyes which I know he cannot ignore.

"Opo, mahal na reyna." Xander said and pulled out his phone. I stopped him and asked why. "Papakuha ko yung order ko sa baba. Ako pa ba? Ready to!" He winked at me and I frowned at his conceitedness. "Chill ka lang and food is on the way!"

"Uh, anong nangyare kay Stu? At bakit wala ka sa usapan naten?" I asked suddenly while we waited for the food to arrive.

"I was there but I planned not to be seen with you. I had him investigated when you said the last time we talked na may nagmamatyag sayo palagi which is not me. It turned out, he was obsessed with you." Xander sighed and I was shocked to learn about what happened with my ex-boyfriend. "He was diagnosed with a mental illness and found out that he tried to manipulate the owner of the mental facility that he was in that he was fine so he escaped. And got here, unfazed."

I gaped at the realization and shook my head in disbelief.  "This is so unbelievable. And so sad. He used to be kind. But then, he was worst every time he hurt me." I said in between tears.

Xander was quick to hug and comfort me. He listened while I wept.

"I think you need to see Duchess again to process your emotions." Xander suggested and I nodded.

I was about to ask him something else when our food arrived. Xander thanked him and soon, we indulged ourselves with food and had our stomachs fed.

One of his men arrived and handed my a bag for my clothes so I excused myself to change at the bathroom.

Xander assisted with my dextrose stand and waited outside the bathroom as I changed. Once done, he led me back to the hospital bed and my doctor was waiting.

The doctor  just gave me a few instructions to clean my wounds and told me that I will be discharged tomorrow. I thanked him and he left us immediately.

"Thanks, Xander. " I gazed at him and he smiled his million-dollar smile. "Thanks for everything you have done for me. I appreciate it all."

"Now that we have resolved the case. Baka naman, this time, you can consider my feelings for you. Maybe, by this time, you'll start dreaming of me?" Xander asked shyly. His face turned rosy pink and my face started to warm up.

Did he just confessed?