32: Zacian and Zamazenta

This chapter's probably gonna be shorter than the usual, and also ahh I need to start updating more frequently. Also my writing style's becoming angst and comedy so yea. I was thinking of starting an AOT fic but its the BSD universe. Also cw/tw for mentions of blood

Trekking through the dense and thick forest of the Slumbering Weald wasn't easy. Neither was it fun, as Sophie and Goh soon found out.

For one, the place was infested with Bug and Normal Typed Pokemon that jumped at any sounds. Plus, the fog was so dense they could barely see.

"Urf." Sophie huffed. "We've been at this for hours." The platinum blonde swept aside branch after branch as they pried through the forest, hoping soon to find what they were after."

Infront of her, Goh groaned. "Come on, how did you get so fast then last time?"

Sophie tapped her chin in thoughtfulness. "I don't know, short cut?" Goh facepalmed, as did Cinderace, while Sylveon shook her head, having been used to her trainer's antics.

Goh clinked his tongue in exasperation. "Oh. We're here." He looked up, seeing the familiar blueish purple aurora from before he ordeal. Deep Weald remained as untouched as ever, a wonderful array of shimmering blue and pink that looked more so unreal than real.

Pushing aside the dense flora, Sophie entered the clearing. It was cool, serene gaze watching the calm grotto. "Right, we supposed to summon them or..."

Goh shrugged. "Dunno." He walked to the little memorial and placed down the Rusted Sword and Shield. "Is that-"

A distant howled reverberated in the distance. Sophie and Goh grinned. "Alright! Zacian and Zamazenta, this battle will be a good one!"

"Aren't all battles good?"

"Lately, they've been kinda boring." 

"Yeah, because you brute force your way through."

"Hey, if it fits, it sits."

"Then why complain?"

"Why not-?"

Both Sophie and Goh were too busy arguing with each other to notice the literal Legenday Pokemon standing infront of them.

The wolf, clad in a blue coat, cocked her head to her side as she watched them argue. Her brother, a wolf clad in a deep red coat, sighed, tilted. He was called out of slumber...

To face some young mortals who didn't even acknowledge their existence.

He groaned. Mortal nature was so fickle. He barked loudly, he couldn't wait to destroy these two in battle.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A loud bark sounded throughout the area, snapping Sophie and Goh out of their petty argument. Their Pokemon also looked up.

All 4 had to blink to process the situation. "Z-zacian and Zamazenta." Goh was taken aback at the situation. Fighting Legendary Pokemon seemed much easier on paper than real life.

"Mawile, let's rumble!" Sophie released the Deciever Pokemon, who immediately glared down Zacian.

"Cinderace, I choose you!" Cinderace took to the field, standing tall next to the much shorter Mawile.

Sylveon decided to cheer from the side-lines.

"Alright, Zacian, Zamazenta, don't go easy on us!"

The magenta wolf snarled in agreement, an iron coating forming around her head, before charging at Mawile.

"Jump and use Power-up Punch!" Mawile leapt over Zacian, before slamming back down with a glowing fist, earning a hiss out of the wolf.