Chapter 4

NAGTIPA ako ng reply sa chat ng friend ko from States. Through chatting with them on social media, I could still get updated about the happenings in there. This was our only means of communication. Ilang linggo na ako rito sa Isla Contejo. Every other day ko silang china-chat pero minsan na lamang sila mag-reply.

I understand it, though. Baka they thought na I would be gone forever and there was no point anymore to talk to me if they wouldn't see me again. Ayos lang. They're probably busy and they weren't really the type of friends who I could call like best friends. They were just the kind of friends that would go to random parties with me. Not the type of friends that I could talk to about personal and deep matters.

Napataas ang kilay ko nang makita kong online si Ryo. Siya iyong ka-make out ko sa party na sinundo ako ni Dad. Hindi na rin nagparamdam ang isang 'to. There was no problem naman with that. He wasn't my boyfriend. I just happened to make out with him at the party.

Ako:
Hey, Ryo.

Ryo:
Hi, gorgeous. What's up?

Nagtipa ako ng reply.

Ako:
I'm doing good. Kinda miss the atmosphere there and feel bored here most of the times.

Ryo:
Aww. Poor you.

I chuckled. Pinagmasdan ko ang paggalaw ng tatlong circle sa chat box. He was still typing. I thought what he was about to say was something good, but it wasn't. My brows were almost forming a line while reading it.

Ryo:
About what happened to us at the party, I didn't know how it reached my girlfriend but don't worry, I already explained to her. We can still continue our communication but we need to be more careful now.

Ako:
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you saying that you have a girlfriend yet you fucking made out with me?! You cheated!

Mariin na ang pagkakahawak ko sa aking cellphone dahil sa inis. This fucker! He said that he was single when we met at the party! I wasn't that dumb to make out with him if I had know that he had a girlfriend! I'm not a cheater! And I'm not a cheap other woman of some guy!

Ryo:
Look. I was just got tempted to kiss you. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you that I have a girlfriend. I just don't want you to reject me that night.

Ako:
Well, fuck you! I have no plans of being your mistress! Don't ever talk to me again, you manwhore!

I immediately blocked him before he even got to reply. Napairap ako at inis na napakamot sa aking ulo. My God! That man even had the audacity to drag me into his mess! Kakainis!

I had flings, but I was always making sure that they're not just some kind of a jackass. I was always asking if they're single because never did I ever want to hurt and fool a girl. That's just cruel and awful. I didn't want to be cheated on if ever I get myself a boyfriend, so I would never wish someone to experience that.

Bumuntonghininga ako at bumangon mula sa aking kama. Pagbaba ko, I saw Manang Lou already preparing my lunch. She smiled at me when I came closer to the dining table.

"Saktong-sakto ang pagbaba mo. Heto't kumain ka na."

"Salamat po." Ngumiti ako.

I ate alone on the dining table. Ayaw akong sabayan ni Manang Lou sa hapag every time na niyayaya ko siya. I didn't know if she was shy or she got used na lang talaga na hindi sumasabay sa mga amo niya.

Pagkatapos kong kumain ng lunch, lumabas ako upang maggala-gala ulit. I was kinda hoping to see Arsen so we could stroll around together. I hope he wasn't busy, though. Kaya naman paglabas na paglabas ko pa lamang ng gate namin, nakatingin na agad ako sa bahay nila. Walang tao sa labas so wala akong mapagtatanungan kung nasaan siya.