Chapter 34

MASUYONG humahaplos ang mga daliri ni Arsen sa binti ko na mas lalong nakapagpapakalma sa akin. I was sitting sidewards on his lap while his his other hand was wrapped around my waist for support. I could feel his heartbeat as my head was leaning against his chest.

Tumigil na ang pag-iyak ko at nakalma na rin ang emosyon. I had nothing left to say anymore. I already let it all out earlier. All the emotions and suppressed words were being said already. I got to finally breathe calmly. I felt... lighter and carefree. Para akong nabunutan ng tinik.

We managed to maintain a proper conversation. I said what I wanted. He said what he wanted. We both listened to each other. We both understood each other's pain and side. He continued apologizing for the mistakes he did before and my love for him was greater than pride and bitterness to not forgive him.

Muli kong naalala ang paghingi niya ng tawad kanina at kung paano raw niya unti-unting natanggap at nakita ang mga pagkakamali noon nang iwan ko siya. I guessed it's really true that people will only realize things or even the worth of a person once they're no longer there. No matter how cliché that saying is -- it's true and it really happens.

When someone leaves, there's an empty space that a person will have to endure, but that space might serve as a time or opportunity for them to reflect and to think about the things they've done. They might even learn from it and it can even make them a much better person.

Time is the ultimate truth teller as what they said. It's always the time that will lead people to truthfulness and realizations. No matter how long it may take, they will eventually realize the things they weren't even aware of before -- and I wasn't only talking about betrayals, lies, secrets, and the likes. I was also talking about how time could really tests someone's perspectives and views about certain things in life.

As the time grows, a person's perspective or mindset might change. They might realize that a certain thing that they firmly believed in the past is actually wrong. They might only realize that a particular thing is wrong as time goes on. Kagaya ng sinabi ni Arsen kanina, doon ko rin mas napagtanto pa na may oras talaga para sa lahat ng bagay.

At gugustuhin ng tao na matuto mula sa mga pagkakamali nila kapag handa na silang mag-reflect at buksan pa ang mga isip nila. Having an open mind will always save people from being the worst version of themselves. With the proper time and right circumstances, it will always lead them to greater realizations that might even change their whole lives.

Napapikit ako nang patakan niya ng marahang halik ang ulo ko habang patuloy pa rin ang mararahang haplos niya sa hita ko. My hand reached for his nape to hug him tighter. His arm tightened around my waist.

"Are you feeling better now?" he asked.

I nodded. His hand on my thigh went to my hair to caress it soflty.

"I'm really sorry for everything," saad na naman niya.

Bumuntonghininga ako at hinarap siya nang maayos. His eyes were soulful and bloodshot. It still looked sad and very regretful. I smiled and closed my eyes before I pressed my forehead against his. He brushed the tip of his nose on mine.

"Stop with your sorrys now. You've already said sorry enough and I forgive you," sagot ko.

Muli akong dumilat at naabutan siyang nakatitig pa rin sa akin nang marahan.

"Thank you," he uttered. "I know I probably don't deserve your forgiveness, but I appreciate it so much. Hindi ko na uulitin 'yong mga nagawa o nasabi ko sa 'yo noon. I promise. I can't lose you anymore. Mahal talaga kita."

Para na namang hinaplos ang puso ko sa sinabi niya kaya napangiti ako nang wala sa oras. I nodded my head and gently caressed the back of his head. Titig na titig siya sa akin na para bang sa isang lingat niya lang ay mawawala ako sa kaniyang paningin. Para rin siyang batang mukhang paiyak na naman. Ang lambot-lambot ng tingin niya sa akin. He had never looked at me like this before. Sure, he looked at me softly and gently before, but not like this... fragile and full of fear.