𝟏𝟕-𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥

___________________________________________________________

"Awww, Uraraka... Uhh, oh, yeah, Bakugou breaks past the first round..." Present Mic says, not at all hiding his disappointment in his tone.

"All right, now that I've collected myself — The first round is now over!!! We'll get right back to it after a short break!" He says, with a little more enthusiasm this time as Bakugou leaves the stadium and Uraraka gets carried out by recovery robots.

As Bakugou entered back the seating area of 1A, Sero and some of the others start to talk to Bakugou about how he was a great villain and that he should've gone easier on Uraraka because she was a "fragile girl". 

"How in the world can they think that Uraraka's fragile? They must be blind! She was super cool out there! Hmph! " He thinks gripping the hem of his jacket, slightly pouting.

"You dummies..." He says out loud. Suddenly remembering that there were other people there, he quickly looked around, sighing in relief when he saw that nobody seemed to notice — not seeing the blush on some of his classmates from his sudden but cute gesture.

Chitsume, still feeling a bit embarrassed he actually said it aloud, stood up from his seat, and walked over to the bathroom. He sees himself in the mirror with his eyes still a bit puffy and red.

"When will this go back to normal..??" He thinks with a small groan and sigh.

After a while, his eyes did stop swelling at some point though still a bit red. It was close enough so he decided to go back to his seat now.

On the way, Chitsume overhears the voice of one of his classmates. It was Midoriya.

"I'm not All Might..."

"That's obviou—"

"It's obvious, right...? And Todoroki isn't you."

From those words and that familiar deep gruff voice, the white-haired boy's blood suddenly started to boil. A bit after Midoriya left, Chitsume followed suit not even trying to hide his glare from Endeavor.

"..Why can't he just go away? I hate how often I'm seeing him recently..." Chitsume thinks with a small huff, finally reaching his seat.

Looking up from his lap, he watched the dual-haired boy and the freckled boy walk inside the stadium. The two boys ready and focused as they waited for the word, start.

Everyone filling with anticipation, interest, and nervousness. The two students have truly shown themselves to have great potential. Todoroki having not only a great quirk but great control of it as well. His battle prowess, not something one should take lightly. Midoriya, though having a very destructive quirk, has been shown to be incredibly powerful to even snap him out of brainwashing. Other than that, he has shown great promise, showing his smarts throughout the whole event.

A battle that could probably go either way, leaving everyone at the edge of their seats. Chitsume ignoring the flame man, for now, focusing on the match at hand. He wasn't feeling all that good honestly, excited, yes, but at the same time scared. He wasn't all that hopeful that this match would end with the two of them not being in critical condition, Midoriya especially.

He took a deep breath as Present Mic screamed out the word and the match finally started. Todoroki wasting no time, sending out a giant chunk of ice which Midoriya broke through, breaking one of his fingers in the process.

Todoroki sending out more ice to the boy, only for it to break and shatter yet again, leaving Midoriya with a hand full of broken bleeding fingers. Todoroki, finding his initiative lunged towards the boy, sending out more ice, just a lot closer.

Midoriya stumbling back as he sent out another attack, now leaving him with one broken arm. Looking at it, Chitsume honestly felt queasy seeing his arm so damaged, broken, and bleeding out like that.

As Todoroki slowly approached the injured boy looking unscathed, everyone expecting the match to end seeing the condition of both boys, only for Midoriya to scream this out.

"Where are you looking?!" His voice screamed out as he sent out another attack with his broken fingers, knocking Todoroki back.

"You're shivering, Todoroki. Quirks are just another one of our physical functions, so there's a limit to how much of your own generated cold you can take, isn't there? If that's the case, then you could just solve that problem yourself by using the heat from your left side, am I wrong?" He starts. 

"...!! Everyone's.... they're giving everything they've got! They're doing it so that they can get that much closer to victory! They're doing it so that they can someday be number one! You think you can win using only half your power, but you haven't been able to put a single scratch on me yet."

"So get over here and fight me!"

The two boys then took no time to rest as they both attacked each other, taking no time to stop. The green-haired boy destroying more and more of his body and the dual-haired boy becoming slower and slower as time went by.

"Why are you going this far to—!" Todoroki screams out.

"I want to be able to live up to his expectations..! To be able to make a difference... while wearing a big smile like him... I want to become.. That kind of amazing hero!" Midoriya screams back as something in Chitsume just clicked.

"And you know who is also using all their power?! Everyone else! I don't know why you chose to do this. I don't know what your motivation is. I don't even know what's weighing you down! But even so... You expect to become number one without giving it your all, and use the excuse that it's for 'complete disavowal'! Do you think this is some kind of joke?!" 

Chitsume flinched. He let out the breath he didn't even know he was holding. It was here again, the same thing he felt watching Uraraka's match. His cheeks turning red and stars forming in his eyes, he leaned back, arms covering his face as he says,

"..You're all so frigging cool..!"

And then, there was nothing. Nothing but dust, wind, and anticipation.