𝟐𝟖-𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

_________________________________________________________

Chitsume having the funeral ceremony in his head leaving him completely oblivious to the outside world. When his eyes caught glimpse of a familiar-looking metal can.

"Huh..?" Chitsume questions just looking blankly at the object shoved in his face then back to the grumpy boy, Bakugou.

"Well? Are you going to take it or not?!" Bakugou yells, Chitsume then grabbing the can from his hands.

"This... is tea, right? You really didn't have to do that I—"

"I was the one who dropped your tea, right? I'm not doing this for you so just take it." Bakugou huffed as he started walking away, his ears looking a bit red.

Chitsume then scrambled as he shook himself out of his mini trance, catching up to Bakugou. He felt himself trip on a small rock from trying to catch up to his fast pace and he cursed himself as his ears burned in embarrassment. 

Bakugou took no notice of the boy tripping but Chitsume did take note of how Bakugou was walking slower than he did before, putting a fond smile on Chitsume's face.

"What are you doing?" Bakugou asked, glancing at the boy following him close behind.

Serotonin filling Chitsume's body as he skipped to stop right in front of Bakugou, giving the explosive boy a perfect view of Chitsume's wide close-eyed smile, the flush on his face, and the sun setting behind him making a perfect atmosphere that even made Bakygou's heart flutter. Not that he'd ever say it.

"Well, I just wanted to say thank you!" He cheerfully thanked as he opened his eyes, cradling the tea can Bakugou gave near to his heart.

"W-Whatever, you didn't need to say anything, extra.." Bakugou huffs, looking away as he actually walked away this time. Chitsume only waved at his fleeting figure as he took a sip of the tea Bakugou gave him, smiling fondly.

"Not to ruin your little scene there, but it's been a while." A voice says right behind Chitsume making him yelp a very manly squeak.

Looking back it was the one and only Shinso with a cheeky grin on his face, seemingly proud for scaring the poor boy.

"Oh, Shinso it's just you... It really has been a while. So, what'd you need?" Chitsume laughs, hand on his chest.

"Right, uh, I might have been following you guys for a while-- And before you say it, no, I swear I'm not a creep!" Shinso quickly clarified as his eyes went wide, opposite of their usual half-open sleepy state. 

"Yeah.. sure you aren't..." Chitsume says, suspicion in his tone as he shifts farther from the purple floof, his eyes skeptical.

"Alright, fine. It was really creepy of me to watch and follow you guys but I just wanted to ask you something and then he came and then since I kind of declared war on your class and... groan." Shinso explains hurriedly before giving up and just crouching down on the ground, hands on his head.

"I guess I could listen to you this once... So what'd you want to ask?" Chitsume says, looking down on the boy, coughing to suppress a laugh.

"W-Well, c-can w-we study together..?"

"That... that's it..?"

"I mean, yeah."

The laughs he suppressed then now escaping as he laughed his head off at Shinso. The purple head looking blankly a tint of pink on his face seeing him laugh.

"T-That's what you were so scared to ask..?? Y-You're like one of those maidens confessing to their crushes—! Hahaha!" Chitsume wheezed out in between his giggles and laughs.

"I was just scared okay?! It was supposed to be just a normal thing but my mouth just stuttered it out and now it sounds weird!" Shinso defends, now looking up from his crouching position.

"But anyway, yeah of course! I need some help either way." Chitsume then answers Shinso, brushing off the tears that spilled from the laughter.

The two were then in a comfortable silence until Shinso's face then suddenly became stern and serious, alerting Chitsume as he waited for what he was going to say. 

"Seriously though, I'm not a creep."

But as those words left his mouth, Chitsume's worried expression relaxed as he smiled at the boy yet again.

"Of course I know that you dummy! I was just kidding, did you think I was serious?"

"I kind of knew that but you can never be too careful. Your face didn't look like it was kidding."

"Well, I was and you're all good. You don't have to worry about a thing!" 

"You better not be joking about that either,"

Shinso then stood up, a more happy expression on his face washed with relief. Chitsume just gave another smile as he and Shinso started walking home together, talking and chatting about anything that came into mind. 

Though eventually, they had to part yet again, with smiles brighter than when they came. Chitsume opened up the door and returned back to his apartment.

He breathed a deep breath in and out as his body immediately tensed at the still messy rooms. At least it felt a little less lonely than before. Jumping on his bed and slightly bouncing, he slept.

1:04 am

"No!" Chitsume woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavy, hand trying to catch something that wasn't there.

"Dangit... I thought I was getting better.. I-I was better...I.." He sighs, wiping tears off.

His mind was mocking him, plaguing him with the memory of his friend's death, the next one more gruesome than the one before.

No matter how hard he thought he was stepping up to a better place, the nightmares always made him trip and fall all the way back down. 

Nightmares, quite an awful thing are they.

"But anyway, why don't ya try therapy?"

He pursed his lips, getting out of bed as he grabbed himself a cup of milk. Why was he suddenly remembering this now? He can take care of his mental state just fine.

"I love you, we love you."

He can take care of himself just fine. 

ring ring ring