Chapter 2 ~ Kai POV

Kai felt cold. Well, he did find himself lying on some leaves out in the open rainforest, after all. He was looking up to his sister, Nya. His legs were propped up with a log.
"What did I do now?" He asked his sister weakly.
"Take it easy," She replied. "You did take a pretty hard blow from the fight last night."
"Last night..." Kai drifted off. "Is everyone okay?" He started getting up but began to feel dizzy and light-headed. Nya reluctantly had to prop him up again.
"Rest." Nya mumbled. "You need i-"
"Jay!" Kai's eyes lit up. He saw Jay jogging towards the two, looking worried.
"Are you okay?" Jay asked.
"Ask me when I can think straight." He smiled.
"Oh yeah.." The blue ninja coughed. "Skylor sends her wishes and stuff."
"Really?"
"Nope, just assumed she would." He shrugged.
"Guys!" Skylor was sprinting towards them.
"Speak of the devil." Jay grumbled.
"Sensei's gone missing," Skylor explained. "We can't find him or Misako!"
"What?" Jay clenched his fist.
"They've probably just gone on some inspirational walk or something." Nya rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a drama queen."
"...The mech is way out of shape." Skylor ignored Nya. "You'll have to use your dragon." Jay reluctantly sighed and ran off.
"But it takes to much work!" Kai heard a yell from the distance.
"As for you Kai," Skylor gestured to Kai. "I've been ordered to tell you not to go anywhere."
"But-" Kai stammered.
"Ask Cole." Skylor shrugged her shoulders. "I don't want any part in your whining." She ran off.
"Get comfortable," Nya squeezed Kai's hand. "If no one's going to listen to me, I guess I'll be fixing Jay's mech in the meantime. Call Dareth if you start throwing up or something." Nya got up and disappeared along with the rest of the group. Kai sighed. I wish I could help.