Chapter 39: Know Your Place

Chapter 39

(AUTHOR POV)

Y/n slightly opened her eyes, awakening when she felt her body being lifted from the guest bed.

The most she could make sense of was that she was in a pair of arms, a beautiful sunrise shown on the horizon, and her head felt it was splitting in half.

The cold air from outside welcomed her body cruelly.

You were too exhausted for talking, so you just closed your eyes and drifted back off to sleep.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

(Y/N POV)

I woke up again; this time, tucked into my bed.

The bright sun peeked through the curtains of my window, yet it felt like someone held a flashlight to my eyes.

I lazily rolled over on my stomach and put my blanket over my head.

That small moment of peace was interrupted when bird started chirping right next to my ear.

I shot up and looked at the space beside me.... but nothing was there.

The chirping continued, and only then did I realize it was from the birds outside in the trees.

I'm convinced someone hit me in the head with a baseball bat...

did I get a concussion?

My mouth began to water, soon accompanied by the feeling of nausea rising up my chest.

I hopped off my bed, yanked the door open and ran to the bathroom.

Never in my life had I been as thankful that the door wasn't locked as I am now...

After throwing up everything in my stomach, my mouth felt like a desert.

I flushed the toilet and scrambled to get my toothbrush.

A couple minutes passed as I brushed my teeth and splashed cold water on my face, though on my way down the stairs, I almost tripped from my dizziness.

The world was spinning....

I eventually made my way to the kitchen where I was drinking water like I hadn't had any in years.

It sure felt like that...

"Are you okay Lun-, I mean, Mrs. Jeon?"
A maid approached me, somehow sensing my distress.

Since I got here, I've requested the maids to call me Mrs. Jeon instead of Luna.

The highest ranking maids are allowed to call both Jungkook and I sir, or ma'am, or miss.

But when all of the maids use a title for me that isn't my unwanted role in this... pack, it makes me feel a little more human...
A little more normal...

Y/n:no...
I groaned and held my head in my hands.

"What's the matter?"
She asked.

Y/n:do.. do you have a-anything to relieve a hangover?

"Of course ma'am. I'll make you some soup."

Y/n:thank you..
I breathed out shakily.

Down the hallway, the basement door opened.

I immediately knew it was Jungkook from his heavy footsteps.

Y/n:why are you not at work..
I said groggily.