Chapter 30: The Wall

Chapter 30

(AUTHOR POV)

Jungkook:you have much explaining to do...
He paced around the room, soon turning back to you on the bed.

Jungkook:why'd you do it.
His question was flat and empty.

You knew that no matter what you could say, he'd still be mad.

His burning gaze was unbearable, causing a lengthy hesitation in your confidence.

Y/n:I.. I wasn't happy..

She took a deep breath.

Y/n:I felt like I was locked in a cage.. an-and running away was the key to get out. I mean, you wouldn't even let me go past the backyard.

Her head finally lifted to face him.

Y/n:have you ever thought about how I'm a human being and not a pet?
She asked.

Jungkook:nobody ever thought you were a pet. You humans... you're weak and fragile. I don't want you to get hurt.

Y/n:you must be some alpha if you're worried about your pack hurting me.
She snapped back.

Jungkook:do not question my leadership.
He said through gritted teeth, leaning down toward her.

Jungkook:I'm worried about the chance of you getting hurt. My pack knows better than to disrespect me. You clearly don't.

His words were laced with venom.

With that, he left the room with a slam of the door.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

You stayed in that room for days.

Maids would occasionally come in with food, water and other necessities.

They'd also stand behind the bathroom door whenever you were in there.

You felt fortunate enough to not've crossed paths with Jungkook since that argument.

Though, the days were lonely and empty.

You felt like a prisoner in the house before you even left, let alone now.

Staring at a wall all day tends to drive a person crazy...

Y/n heard keys jingling from behind the door, wondering if it was a maid again.

When the door opened, it surprisingly revealed Jennie's worried face.

Her eyes lit up at the sight of you.

Jennie:oh, Y/n!
She exclaimed in relief, diving to hold Y/n in her embrace.

Jennie:thank the moon goddess! I'm so glad you're back.
She smiled warmly and sat down on the bed.

Y/n found it hard to respond, ultimately keeping her head down.

Jennie:hey, what's wrong?
She lifted your chin.

Y/n:what do you mean what's wrong? It should be obvious that I'm not happy about being back... not at all.
Your eyes watered.

Jennie:I don't understand... what was so bad about this place that it made you want to flee? Jungkook was too strict, wasn't he?
She guessed.

Y/n:if you think about it, I'm just someone who's been kidnapped and is settling for it. Every time I start to realize how fucked up this all really is, somebody comes along and convinces me that this is normal, that I should just push it off.

You paused.

Y/n:That night, nobody had to convince me anything... I've never felt such an urge to escape.

Jennie tilted her head.

Y/n:it's not that I don't love Jungkook. I do, I really do. But another part of me is completely and utterly terrified of him...

A chill went down your spine from the mere thought of your terror.

Jennie:why though? You're his mate, he'd never hurt you!

Y/n:well why is that the only thing that's holding him back? Just look at him Jennie. He's seven foot-five, and simply the strongest being I've ever seen. He could do anything to me at any moment.

Jennie:Jungkook doesn't hurt the people he loves, Y/n...
She stared at her with sad eyes.

Y/n:maybe he doesn't, but he's an entirely different person when he's mad enough. One time he tried to choke me, and I'll never forget it. No man has ever laid his hands on me like that...

A crystal expression of fear grew on her face.

Y/n:do you have any idea how furious he is now? I'm in even more danger.

Jennie:if he hurts you, tell me. But for right now, you don't have to worry about that.
Jennie rubbed your arm.

Y/n:yes I do!
You cried.

Y/n:every night, I get these horrid dreams of him, or something involving him. I haven't slept since I got here because I'm scared I'll have another dream, and then I'll be even more paranoid here.

Jennie:you haven't slept for that long? No wonder you look so tired...

She furrowed her eyebrows and sighed.

Jennie:Y/n, he loves you more than anything. He cried everyday when you were gone. You were unconscious, but the night they came back with you, he just held you and cried happy tears. I've never seen him so happy in my whole life...

You were beginning to feel severely conflicted.

Y/n:b-but, he hates me now?

Jennie:no he doesn't Y/n, he can't hate you. He'll try to act like he does though. He's just hurt.

Y/n nervously chewed on her lower lip.

Jennie:you both hurt each other a lot recently, and this distance hasn't helped. Did you guys talk at all?

Y/n:The last time he talked- no, yelled, at me, was the morning after they brought me back.

Jennie sighed again and put a hand on Y/n's shoulder.

Jennie:I'll convince him to talk to you. He hasn't slept either...

Y/n:no Jennie, you don't understand. I'm deathly afraid of him and he's livid. Neither of us wanna talk.
She said with a trembling voice.

Jennie:but how is that gonna solve anything?

Y/n:what if this isn't a problem that can be solved...

End of chapter 30