Chapter 3: Hybrids and Flashbacks

(Fawn's POV)

          "Fawn! Fawn! Wake up!" My eyes shot open immediately and I threw myself out of bed and on the ground with a towel from the side table and started scrubbing. Koala took my hands and I looked into her eyes. She gave me a concerned glace. 

         "What are you doing?" she whispered. I looked around the room and remembered I was on the Sun Pirates ship. Putting the towel down, I sat back down on my bed and put my face in my hands, running my fingers through my hair. 

       "Sorry Koala. But please don't wake me up so abruptly. I'm still nervous about being here," I said quietly, cupping her cheek in my palm. She nodded and crawled into my lap. I hugged her and pet her hair softly, leaning against the wall behind the bed. "What's wrong."

      "Nightmare," she mumbled, pushing her index fingers together. "Can you sing to me?" My eyebrow raised a little as a blush crept on to my face. 

      "Uuh...I-I don't k-know, Koala. The fishmen could hear me and I don't want to get in trouble by waking them up or annoying them." Koala pouted and put her whole body weight on me, pushing me on to my back on the mattress. 

        "But your voice is so pretty! Pleeeaasssee?" I shushed her a little and sat up, pulling her into my lap.

          "Ok fine. One song and it's going to be quiet and we're going to bed right after," I told her. She nodded enthusiastically and hugged me. I sighed tiredly, but smiled nonetheless and thought of a song. My mind soon went to one of Koala's favorites.

         By the time I finished singing, Koala was already asleep, her face buried in my nightgown. 

         I giggled a little and got up, putting Koala in her bed on the other side of our shared room, pulling the covers over her

         I giggled a little and got up, putting Koala in her bed on the other side of our shared room, pulling the covers over her. She yawned and snuggled into her pillow, making me let out a tiny giggle. She was too cute sometimes. I went back to my own bed and pulled the covers over myself with another small sigh and a yawn of my own.