Dad

SEHUN

I DID IT. I KISSED HER. 

She is now staring at me, waiting for me to speak about what happened. 

"I--"  I was about to speak when the rain starts falling. 

"Come inside first," she told me, and we sat on her couch. 

Silence....
Awkward...
Yet, no regrets just confused. Flustered but happy.

I know I said to myself earlier that this is not the right time. 
But things happen. My heart pushed me to go back to Sejeong and claim her. 

"Sehun, A-ahh. I'll get you some water."  She was about to stand but I hold her wrist to stop her from leaving.

"Sejeong, sit down. Let me explain first" She sat down and looked away. Feeling uneasy.

"Sejeong. I'm sorry. I know we're friends. You are the nicest woman I've ever met. You helped me achieve my dreams in dance. You make me smile every day, and I always want to see you, but events happen. Beonggyu liked you the same time I realized that I like you also."

"You and Beonggyu dated. I make myself busy with workloads. I tried to move on because he can make you smile. I want you to be happy. I really thought of that. When you broke up with him, I felt  disappointed. I never thought he is like that. Nayoung told me everything before you  decided to split with him. I forced her to tell me because I noticed the changes." 

"Sehun..." She looked at me with her watery eyes.

"You know what, Sejeong. I did that because I still like you. It's still you."

SEJEONG

I never thought of that. He likes me. 

I suddenly remember what happened in Singapore. 

"Is that why you avoided me and you seem uninterested that I am in Singapore 2 months ago?"

He nodded. Now, I understand his behavior that time. 

"I'm sorry, Sehun." 
"Don't be and don't cry. I don't want you to cry. Its not your fault." He said as he wiped my tears.

"Beonggyu and you just broke up today. You should heal your heart first. I want you to move on. After that,...
.

.

Let me like you. Let me court you. " He confessed. 

I nodded as response.

He smiled. 

---------------------------

2 DAYS AFTER...

3RD PERSON 

"STUPID! Why did you let her break up with you? How about our plan?"

"I will do my best to make her mine again. Let's just focus on dad's health," Beonggyu said. 

"Excuse me, sir. We have an emergency." My assistant said.

"Why? What happened?"

"You're father is in critical condition. He is now in the hospital"

As soon as I heard that, I went straight to the hospital. 

BEONGGYU

"I'm sorry, sir, but your father didn't make it. "

My father died. He left me. 

How about my plans for him to succeed? I have no one right now. I lost my bestfriend. 

"Hello, come to the hospital now. I am here."

-------------

SEJEONG

"Sejeong, can you come with me?"

"Why dad? Is something happened? I have a meeting today US time."

"Is that so? I should wait then. Call me back when your done. Good luck, my princess" 

"Sure, dad. Thank you."

I ended the call with dad. I am in the office right now waiting for my clients from the U.S. in a virtual meeting, since they insisted on having this type of meeting. 

2 days ago, Sehun didn't stayed for the night. He just waited the rain to stop. We talked about things. Everything seems alright. I guess. Beonggyu stopped bothering me after that night also. 

AFTER 3 HOURS...

The meeting went well. We agreed in terms and conditions about the supplies and other legal things. Nayoung is about to leave the because she has a date. This girl really..

"Nayoung, I have something to tell you."

"What is it? Did you already broke up with him?"
"About that yes. I broke up with him 2 nights ago."

"That's great. You're dad will be glad about it."

"Also, Sehun.."

"Hmmm. What about him? "

"He will court me. He confessed the same night also."

"WHAT!?"

"Yeah. But he hasn't started yet. He said, I should heal my heart first."
"That man is so sneaky. How? What happened?"

"He...kissed me"

"I----wait. let me call him."

"HEY!"

"SEHUN. Come here." She really called him. C'mon.

"NOW." Nayoung shouted. 

SEHUN

I was in the middle of practice when Nayoung called. 
"SEHUN. Come here." 
"What? Why? When?"

"NOW" she said. Am I in trouble?
"Why are you shouting? Don't shout. I'm coming in 30."

She ended the call. 

Oops.

-------
How was it? How was the flow? Let me know your thoughts!

My midterms just ended. 🥴