Johnnyboy #5

Johnny's POV

Me and Ponyboy were on the bench, we were cuddling and just having some laughs together. This was good for us especially after what we did last night 😏. We didn't stay here all night though. After we were done with you know, Soda and Steve came by and picked us up. They knew what happened though, they could tell. I did a "shhh" sign to him and he did the same. We just decided to come back out here, we were bored anyway. Then we heard footsteps, Ponyboy looked behind the tree and we seen Sodapop.

"It's Soda." He said. I nodded.

"Hey gu-" Soda was cut off by seeing Pony. "Pony...? Did Darry do this?" He pointed to his shin and leg, he silently nodded, I could tell he was holding back tears. I wouldn't blame him. I pulled him closer to me, he was laying his head on my shoulder. I smiled slightly but it disappeared almost instantly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.. I was sleeping over at Steve's.. now I wish I was there... To protect you..." He said almost bursting into tears. "I don't know why Darry is acting like this Pony.. I really don't.." Pony almost bursted into tears himself.

"I-It might be because he hates gays? Even though I'm his brother.. he still hates me for being gay and won't except it.." he said, I was almost in tears myself. I held him impossibly closer and started kissing all around his head and face, trying to calm him down. Me, Pony, and Soda then flinched once we heard a voice in the background, Soda peaked at who it was. It didn't look good, he had horror in his eyes. I knew this wasn't good.

"It's the Socs.." he said. Me and Pony stood up and went to Soda's side.

"Hey boys! Nice to see you again!" One of the Socs said while chuckling. He had something in mind and he was particularly staring at Ponyboy, I knew something bad was gonna happen and I have to protect him at all cost.

"W-What do you guys want?" Pony asked.

"Oh, nothing. We just wanted to, you know... 'talk'." The Soc said. I knew what he meant, I was horrified by just the thought of what they might do. Before we could even react I heard Pony scream, me and Soda looked behind us. A Soc somehow sneaked behind us and grabbed Ponyboy with full grip. He was struggling to get out. The Socs chuckled and I felt like I needed to fight him, just to let Pony go. I was too scared to though. The Soc took out a switchblade, me and Soda went wide-eyed. Pony was still struggling, he was trying his hardest to get out of his grip, nothing was working. The Soc was way stronger then him even me and maybe Soda, I don't know for sure though.

The Soc laughed before saying "Come save your boyfriend." He said while throwing him off the cliff. Me and Soda both yelled "No!" I didn't know what else to do but to jump off the cliff too, I'll do it to save the love of my life and that's what I did. Soda looked off the cliff to see if we're okay. We were, surprisingly.

Before he left he said "Hold on guys! I'll go get someone and I'll tell them to bring something to help ya guys out!"

I looked at Pony, "We're going to be okay, Pony. I promise. Soda will get somebody and hopefully they will grab something to help us with." Pony nodded and we kissed and just played around in the water while waiting. This was probably our third magical moment.