Johnnyboy #6

Ponyboy's POV

It felt like an eternity before we heard some footsteps coming up to the cliff, it echoed. Me and Johnny seen Soda and Dally. He got a rope, he threw the rope down.

"Johnny you go first." I said.

He shook his head "No.. you go first."

"Just go Johnny... Please..." I made a cute face and he couldn't resist.

"Okay, fine." He replied. I chuckled at my success. He started climbing to the top and once he fully made it, I then started climbing up the rope but a Soc came out of no where and he cut the rope, I fell back into the water.

"No!" They all yelled at the same time. I freaked out, I can't get up now. I decided to just swim to the nearest area but I heard Dally scream at me. "Don't go anywhere Pony!" So I immediately stopped and waited for them. I didn't like being alone, it was scary and I felt like I could be jumped at any moment. Even if I was in an ocean.

I then seen them come back and they had another rope, that boy had a lot of ropes. I started climbing up and this time I made it. Johnny immediately hugged me once I reached safety. I hugged back and we kissed on the lips. We stopped kissing and was walking a little behind Soda and Dally. We were holding hands and talking about random stuff that came to our minds. We honestly had no clue what we were talking about, it was first about animals then food then relationships and so on. Those were really random topics but to us, we were laughing our butts off.

We were heading towards me and Soda's house, we seen Darry on the couch with Two-Bit. I started shaking from the fear I started getting. I didn't want to go back to the abuse. Soda looked back at me once he noticed I stopped a few inches away from the gate. He looked worried and went to me, he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Ponyboy.. I know he abuses you and all but when your with me or anyone in the gang, he won't beat you up. I promise. Let's go" he said in the most calming and soothing tone I've ever heard. I trusted him but deep down I didn't. All I wanted to was run away but Soda was making me unable to.

When we walked in, I seen Darry give me a smirk and I knew that smirk. That was the smirk he makes when he's going to beat me up. Soda kept me close though, he didn't let me near Darry at all. We were by Dally and everyone knows not to mess with Dally. Even if your a greaser, no one messes with him. I yawned, it was 1:00 in the morning but I was still sleepy and I didn't eat anything today but I didn't care. I went straight upstairs to go to bed, I could tell Soda, Johnny, and Dally was behind me. I slumped onto the bed and I put the blankets over my body. Johnny went beside me and put an arm around me. Soda and Dally was sleeping on the floor in front of the bed.

It was nice that Soda let Johnny take his spot on the bed. I smiled and fell asleep.