17. The End

"Always." - severus snape

———————————————————————————

Draco's POV:

I remember seeing Ivy Stillwater on the ground, writhing in pain as her screams filled the corridor. I remember running to shield her from Parkinson's Killing Curse. Then there was a flash of terrible green light before the world fell dark and silent.

I didn't mind it here, because it was peaceful. I felt no pain, but I couldn't feel anything, really, because I suppose I was dead.

Then the world slowly turned brighter and brighter. I heard a voice and felt the thin sheets of my bed as my senses returned to me. I wanted to stay in that dark place for just a little longer, because it was so quiet and tranquil, but then I opened my eyes and saw Ivy staring down at me. She was just as beautiful as I had remembered.

As soon as I sat up, she crushed me in a tight embrace. I don't remember the last time someone hugged me like that, so I just sort of sat there, not really sure what to do. "Y-you're crushing me, Stillwater," I finally gasped.

She released me, and I saw that she was crying. Smiling, but crying at the same time. Did I make her cry? I never knew what to do when someone cried in front of me. I always considered it a form of weakness, but this girl was anything but weak. So why was she crying?

She sniffed and struck me across the face. Hurt like hell. I stared up at her in shock. What did I do to deserve that?

"That's for poisoning me and then dying on me," she said.

And then she pulled me into a deep kiss, and this time I knew what to do, because it felt so natural to reach up and run my fingers through her hair and pull her closer to me.

She finally pulled away and rested her forehead against mine. "And that's for everything else."

"You wasted your wish on me, Stillwater," I sighed. I was glad she did, because I don't know what I would've done without her in that world of darkness and quiet, but I couldn't help but to feel guilty. I'm sure she wanted to use her wish for something else.

"You literally died for me Draco, so I don't think you have a right to accuse me," she smiled.

I gazed into her eyes. "I would do anything for you."

She had the most beautiful cinnamon-brown eyes, and as the sunlight from the window poured into the room, they sparkled in fiery-golden rays. If only she knew.

"I think I've fallen in love with you, Ivy Stillwater."

She smiled and nodded, her eyes filling with tears again. "I love you too, Draco Malfoy."

And as I pulled her into another kiss, everything felt just right.