Meeting with Old Friends

I'm sorry for the long wait guys but my depression has taken a turn for worst these past months so....yeah. I don't know when will the next chapter will come, it can be soon or not we'll see but I want you guys to know that your comments really helped so thank you.

 I don't know when will the next chapter will come, it can be soon or not we'll see but I want you guys to know that your comments really helped so thank you

They didn’t make it to the ship.

If you told Amoriel a year ago that she was going to fight against her fellow legionnaires, she would've laughed at your face but here she was with her bow and arrow in her hand aiming at the people she knew all her life.

Life is full of surprises don't you agree?

Halfway across the dock, three golden eagles descended in front of them. Each deposited a Roman commando in purple and denim with glittering gold armor, sword, and shield. The eagles flew away, and Octavian was right in the middle, still annoying as ever.

He raised his visor. “Surrender to Rome!” Octavian shrieked.

Hazel drew her cavalry sword and grumbled, “Fat chance, Octavian.”

Amoriel cursed under her breath. She could take care of herself even with the standard procedure against charmspeakers, but it was Piper and Annabeth she worried about. The legionnaires was too large and the two girls were only armed with daggers.

Piper raised her hands in a placating gesture. “Octavian, what happened at camp was a setup. We can explain.”

“Can’t hear you!” Octavian pointed at his ears. “Wax in our ears—standard procedure when battling evil sirens." He yelled louder than needed while glaring Amoriel, "Now, throw down your weapons and turn around slowly so I can bind your hands.”

“Let me skewer him,” Hazel muttered. “Please.”

Amoriel spoke to Annabeth without taking her eyes off of her targets, "Annie, do you have a plan? Because mine's involve several murders that I do not want to commit.

Annabeth thought for a while. "Yeah," Annabeth nodded, although she didn't looked too sure.

“Well?” Octavian demanded. His two friends brandished their swords.

Very slowly, using only two fingers, Annabeth drew her dagger. Instead of dropping it, she tossed it as far as she could into the water.

Octavian made a squeaking sound. “What was that for? I didn’t say toss it! That could’ve been evidence. Or spoils of war!”

Annabeth tried for a dumb-blonde smile, like: Oh, silly me. Nobody who knew her would have been fooled. But Octavian seemed to buy it. He huffed in exasperation.

“You other three…” He pointed his blade at Amoriel, Hazel and Piper. “Put your weapons on the dock. No funny bus—”

All around the Romans, Charleston Harbor erupted like a Las Vegas fountain putting on a show. When the wall of seawater subsided, the three Romans were in the bay, spluttering and frantically trying to stay afloat in their armor. Percy stood on the dock, holding Annabeth’s dagger.