Home Sweet Home

Please comment

Even though she didn't like to, Amoriel slipped off her black ring and charm bracelet that concealed her weapons and left it on the ship. She suddenly had a bad feeling, though she couldn't figure out what.

A sea of hastily assembled demigods parted for them as they walked through the forum. Some looked tense, some nervous. Some were bandaged from their recent battle with the giants but no one was armed. No one attacked.

At the far end of the crowd, the ravenette girl spotted a Cyclops and a hellhound. Weird the girl thought but hey looked to be in good spirits, so she didn't said anything. The cyclops waved and grinned at Annabeth. He was wearing an SPQR banner like a giant bib.

And just like that Amoriel breathed in the familiar smells from the bakeries, the gurgling fountains, the flowers blooming in the gardens. And she had to stop herself from moaning. She missed her home.

Speaking of home. The demigods made way for Reyna in her full Roman armor and a purple cloak, professional as usual.

Medals decorated her armor. She carried herself with such confidence that other demigods backed away and averted their gaze from. Amoriel liked that about her, despite her past she always stands strong. Only problem was that the girl didn't knew how to let loose and relax.

Annabeth recognized something in the preator's face, too-in the hard set of her mouth and the deliberate way she raised her chin like she was ready to accept any challenge. Amoriel had a similar look about her but it was clear to anyone with eyes that, the firstborn of Cupid and the daughter of bellona were very different people.

Amoriel's eyes glowed a brilliant mint green, voice echoing quietly and Annabeth looked at her friend, "Reyna Arellano, the preator, Daughter of Bellona."

Annabeth smiled gratefully at Amoriel, glad that she knew something about the leader of the Roman camp. Reyna was forcing a look of courage, while holding back a mixture of hopefulness and worry and fear that she couldn't show in public. Annabeth knew that expression. She saw it every time she looked in a mirror. Amoriel had a look similar to Annabeth's serious expression on her face but her mint green eyes danced in mischief.

The two girls considered each other. Annabeth's friends fanned out on either side, Jason standing as close to Amoriel as possible. The Romans murmured their names, staring at them (specifically Amoriel) in awe but a ginger girl in the crowd more than others. Then someone else appeared from the crowd, and Annabeth's vision tunneled. The black haired boy smiled at her, a sarcastic, troublemaker smile.

'He's pleasant to look at' Amoriel thought. His sea-green eyes were gorgeous and His dark hair was swept to one side, like he'd just come from a walk on the beach. He was tanned and tall, lean and muscular. Not her type but Amoriel could see why Annabeth was so hell bent on finding him.

Said blonde was too stunned to move. Amoriel saw the connection between the two the moment Annabeth and Percy came face to face.

There was a silence. No one moved.