Quick Escape

"So you're basically a hotter version of Katniss Everdeen on steroids?" Percy came to his conclusion after Amoriel explained to him her powers. He knew about her paternal aunts and uncles' charmspeak, but he seemed to be really interested in Amoriel's never missing accuracy with bow and arrows. "Dope."

Frank marvelled at her. "I've never met a child of Cupid." Hazel looked him like saying 'Are you serious?'.

"Of course you didn't Frank, she's the only one." The golden eyed girl rolled her eyes at him.

"Can you really fly?" Asked the son of Mars in awe.

Amoriel nodded. "Oh yeah," she said, glancing at the two amazed boys. "Just like a pegasus. Not for too long though, it takes a quiet bit of energy."

The four continued to walk the paths of the New Rome. Amoriel had already said hi to hannibal the elephant but that get boring very quick. So she, Hazel and her two new friends has chosen to take a walk in the New Rome.

But they didn't had a chance to go too far because, suddenly, an explosion shattered into the Forum. Frank grabbed Hazel and covered her from the explosion as Percy grabbed onto Amoriel, shielding her head from flying rubble.

The ground shook a little more before Percy lifted his cover over Amoriel. "Thanks." She gasped to the son of Poseidon.

"Anytime." Percy acknowledged.

The four turned to the forum where an Argo cannonball sized crater had dented the roof. And the Argo was facing it with its war cannon ready for fire. "They attacked us!" Frank cried.

"No, they wouldn't have done!" Amoriel promised. "There must be a mistake - there was probably a glitch in a control or something-!" She tried to reason with the betrayed Roman's when she was cut off by another firing of explosives heading straight for the Senate building.

If she had her bow and arrow she could detonate the explosives in the air but she had left them in the Argo II with the rest of her weapons.

¡Maldito sea! (Damn it!)

Angry Romans swarmed the square and Percy backed the weaponless group up to the water fountain where he could shoot down the attacking Romans. Although no weapons were allowed past the pomeranian Line, the Roman's had taken up bricks and rocks and sticks in their stead, slashing at them angrily.

The four were forced to protect themselves from the fountain. The Roman legionnaires were setting up catapults in their fury. And Amoriel was forced to rely on Percy's water jets to cover them but the Roman's had coalesced into an angry mob, dead set on beating the Greeks to death. Unfortunately, Percy was a Greek.

A rock was thrown and Percy didn't stop it in time. Amoriel was smacked in the face, scraping across her forehead.

Ouch!

Piper and Jason found them soon after. But they're situation wasn't better to be honest.

One of the catapults shot Argo II. The hull of the ship splintered and cracked. A skinny figure dangled from the rope ladder and for a horrible moment, Amoriel's hearth fall to her stomach thinking it was Leo.

Thankfully, it was only Octavian.

That was the moment Annabeth finally decided to join them.

"Percy! Amorie!" Annabeth shouted, ducking under a flying fist from a Roman to reach them.

"Annabeth!" Percy pulled her into the protection of the fountain. "What-?"

"I don't know!" She answered, looking desperate to have her knife but none of them had their weapons.