Eleven

I wake up early and start getting ready since today is my first day going out and doing chores with Ant. I'm kind of excited because I owe the clan and I want to prove to everyone that I'm more than they think. Ant wakes up as I open the door, "Your up early, we leave in 1 and a half hours." I nod, better reason to get up!" He huffs as I shut the door behind me.

I walk upstairs and grab myself a small packet of chips, they're stale. I take out a handful of the salty crisps and bite down on them. A figure walks up from the stairs and yawns, he walks into the kitchen and takes out a glass and fills it with water. The figure is tall with his hair spilt into two different colours, black and white, he has one red eye and one green, although a bit of hair was partially covering his red eye. He took a large drink from his glass then turned to me, "Hey there George! We've never really spoken, have we?" I shook my head, "I'm Ranboo," he took another sip from his glass, "Say, what are you and Ant doing today?"
"Oh, we're just patrolling around the base," Ranboo nodded, "That'll be pretty easy. Just a quick tip, if you go inside any buildings, make a note of all your exists. You don't wanna get stuck in there with a rival clan or a bunch of walkers." He drank the remaining water from his glass then placed it in the sink, "That's how this happened," he pointed at his red eye and smiled, "You wouldn't want to be half-blind, would you?" I looked at his eye, there was a scar on his eyelid and it stretched about 1cm underneath his eye. "Thank god I had Phil there to help me, I would have surely died if I was by myself."

Me and Ant stepped outside, he stretches his arms as we step into the sunlight. We began walking around the suburb that made up the area surrounding the base. The buildings had mostly decayed but if they weren't then there were walkers walking through them. I managed to find myself a new pair of shoes and some metal to make more arrows.

Ant walked into a small convenience store and started looking through the shelves. He picked a packet of cookies and look at them, he opens it and took a quick whiff of the snacks, then placing them in his bag. I walked towards the back room and placed my hand on the handle. It was old and rusted and a strong stench was escaping through the small crack beneath the floor. There were stains just outside the door. I quickly flung open the door and aimed my crossbow, inside were three walkers, all feasting on the flesh of someone who had long deceased. They turned towards me, blood dripping from their teeth, their grey-yellow toned skin had tares and patches missing, bones were showing and a strange brown substance was dripping from all of their openings. Their teeth had turned black and a rancid smell remakes from their breath, I was used to this. I quickly fired an arrow towards the one closest to me and started reloading my bow. Ant ran towards me and shot the second one in the chest 5 times. I then shot the third one. Ant stepped over the walkers and looked at the person on the floor. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small card, it was a licence. "a 38-year-old man named Mason Cintle." Ant crumples up the card and throws it on the floor, "I guess it's nothing that important."

We circle around the base and I look up to the 4th floor. I see a familiar masked figure looking out the window, staring at me. My face burns up as I feel his gaze down at us. "So Clay is watching us," I nod, "Yeah, he is,"
"And your blushing," my face becomes even redder and I lift the hoodie onto my head. He chuckles and looks at me, "You and Clay have been getting close within these few days, yes?"
"I-... Well..."
"I think he might like you." I blink and then shake my head, no he doesn't, of course he doesn't. Ant stopped and had a serious look on his face now, "George... what kind of people are you attracted to?" I hesitate and my voice begins to break, "Just people I'm close too. I've only been in one relationship, with this girl... I'm not entirely sure though..." I mumble the last bit but I can tell that Ant could just manage to hear it, "What do you think of Clay?"
"He's... great. In every way possible. To me at least. I wish that I could help him with his struggles," I blush as I begin to feel warm and cozy just at the thought of being wrapped in Clay's arms. Ant smiles and lets out a small sigh. "I'm pretty sure he likes you too."