Fifteen

I leaned on the door frame with my arms crossed as I listened to Clay and Dave. "So we'll gather our best weapons. Ant and Darryl will be on the job of medics and weapon fixing." He pointed at a blue circle on the map, "They will be here, in this old kabab store. George, Zak, Caroline and Karl will be positioned here," spoke Clay, gesturing to different spots on the large map. "Your job will be to take care of any walkers that could interfere with our battle, is that clear?" Zak, Caroline and Karl all nodded and spoke in agreement, apart from myself. Clay looked over to me, he looked angry, "Is that clear, George?" I rolled my eyes and slowly nodded, "I guess so," I mumbled. I saw him flinch at my reply but he quickly met at the map. "Everyone else will be positioned at south road, behind me and Dave. We will be fighting them." He waved his hand, wake up early tomorrow, ok?" Everyone nodded and left the room, including me.

I walked into my room and collapsed on the bed fast first. Not having the energy today pretty much anything. About 15 minutes later I hear the door open behind me. I don't need to turn around to tell that it's Clay. "Hey, George..." I don't answer. I felt him sit next to my leg on the bed, I could feel his gaze on the back of my head, waiting for me to respond in some way. "George..." he spoke in a soft and sad tone as he placed a hand on my calf. "What?" I felt him flinch at the harshness in my voice. I didn't mean to sound like that. Crap, I'm just making things worse for us. "George, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I pushed you away and said that we weren't important and-," I begin to cry into my pillow and I presumed that he stops because of it. I sit up and face him, my eyes are red. "No Clay, I'm sorry. I was being selfish. I didn't understand that you have a clan to look after. I wanted you to show attention to me, even though you already had..."
"Oh, George..." he took off his mask and threw it onto his bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug as I cried into his shoulder.

I hear gunshots and people shouting all around me. Walkers have begun to storm the streets as me, Caroline, Zak and Karl fight for the sake of everyone else fighting. I turn around and see Clay standing face to face with Ethan. He quickly dropped a smoke bomb and the area is filled with smoke. I can hear Clay begin to cough through his mask, I move closer to the sound. Just as I begin to see clearly again I see Ethan standing behind Clay. He's holding a stainless dagger. I run over to them but before I can do anything, Ethan grabs Clay by the throat and sinks his weapon into it. Blood splashed all over the two of them. Ethan had a devilish smile on his face as he let go of Clay, letting him fall to the ground. I scream and cry but I can't hear anything. Everything's becomes dark and twisted as each one of my sense disappear, one at a time.

I wake up in a cold sweat, I rub my eyes and look around. I look over at Clay's bed in a panicked state but then I notice that he's gone. My breathing becomes fast as fear and panic settle in. I then feel something wrapped around my waist and hear a small groan. I look down to see Clay, asleep. He has his arm wrapped around me and tightened it at my movements. I blush and slow my breathing, realising that it was all a dream. I lie back down and rest my head on his chest. Letting myself drift to sleep. Forgetting about all the challenges we would have to face tomorrow.