Seventeen

A hush floated over the clan as they got into their positions. Me and my group were already looking around for walkers whilst Clay waited for his rival to show up. A small circular object rolled in front of them, Clay stepped backwards and raised an eyebrow. It exploded and engulfed them in smoke, they began to cough when Clay smelt something different. A cigarette. The smoke cleared to reveal the Iwa clan, Ethan was standing in the front, smoking a cigarette. He smirked and flicked his cigarette at Clay, it landed in front of his foot and he stepped on it, putting it out. "Hello, Clay,"
"Ethan..." he looked around, "Where's your little boyfriend? Did you want to protect him, or something?" Clay growled and Ethan finally spotted me, "Oh, there he is." He tapped the girl next to him with a sword and she nodded. I began to sweat as she stared at me, I knew I had become a target. All of a sudden another smoke gun went off and the shouting began.

I tried my hardest to focus on the walkers but every time I heard Clay's voice, I turned to the battle, desperately hoping that Clay was alright. I swallowed my fear and ran towards the battle, ignoring his orders. Just as I was about to reach Clay, someone grabbed the back of my collar and pulled me backwards. "Hello George," she smiled, it was Ethan's girlfriend. "I've heard a lot about you," I escaped her grasp and raised my crossbow towards her. "What do you want?"
"Oh, nothing much..." she pulled out a long dagger and pointed it towards him. "You know it's rude not to ask a girl her name when you first meet," she chuckled, I didn't feel like playing games. "It's Alexandra. By the way." She lunged towards him just as he picked up a wooden plank, blocking her. "I see why he likes you, your kinda cute,"
"I don't have time for compliments right now, just let me go." She chuckled and smirked, "too bad you don't have a sword like me, that piece of wood is gonna break any second now." It was true, it was missing beats and pieces and was under a lot of pressure. "George! Here!" Shouted Karl as he threw me his sword, he had a gun with him so it didn't matter much. I dropped the wood and grabbed the sword, quickly blocking her lungs at me. I threw her off me and slashed towards her, leaving a small gash on her arm. I grunted and positioned my sword in front of me, "So? Given up already?" She let out a few huffs before chuckling once again, she truly was mad. "I've just started."

She ran towards me, clashing her sword against mine. I could tell that she had a lot more experience than I did with these types of weapons. She put as much power as she could into each blow, making it harder and harder for me to block it each time. My arms and legs were getting weak as desperately grasped for air to get any little energy I could obtain. With a final blow, she ran at me and rammed into me with her shoulder. The air got knocked out of me as I stumbled backwards. I managed to catch myself on a pile of rubble as I choked on nothing. I didn't have time to react as she, again, ran towards me and slashed the lower left side of my chest, leaving a large gash, not large enough to kill me though. Just enough to leave me in terrible pain. I dropped to the floor and clutched the sound, dropping my sword in the process. She grabbed something from her pocket and threw it to the ground just as I looked up to her devilish smile.

The smoke cleared and I realised that she had wrapped her arms around me and her sword up to my throat. Ethan grinned looking towards us, "Clay, I would stop this if I were you," Clay looked towards the direction Ethan was gesturing to and saw us. He froze, I could see his grip tightening on his weapon. "Tell them to stop Clay, I can just say the word and she will kill him. She does have a strange interest in blood anyway," Ethan looked at her and she winked back. Clay hesitated for a moment before raising a hand, "Everyone stop, right now." Ethan grinned. He raised his weapon at Clay's head, "Now kneel to your new King,"
"Clay! Don't do it!" The girl pressed her blade up against my skin. With any more pressure, she could have drawn out blood. "Shut it." Clay kneeled, his hands still raised in the air. Ethan snickered and started walking towards me. I adjusted my legs into a position that could mean he could move. "Now, to ruin the one thing you love the most,"
"Ethan," Ethan turned to Clay, who was now in a low standing position, "You don't want to do that,"
"Don't worry Clay! I'm not gonna kill him, of course, I'm just gonna make him less pretty," he took his dagger out of his belt, "you should thank me, he'll stop reminding you of Elizabeth."

Ethan squatted to my level, "Alex, remove the blade, he might flinch and cut himself," he looked back at Clay, "And we don't want that happening, do we?" Alexandra dropped the blade but kept her arms around me. As Ethan moved closer to me, I had one chance to make a decision. Try and get out of this situation and maybe help Clay keep his clan, or lose everything. I took in a breath and looked Ethan dead in his eyes. He hesitated for a moment. In one swift motion, I flung my left leg upward, hitting Ethan in the groin as hard as I could. He collapsed and Alexandra froze, I elbowed her in the ribs and escaped her grasp, quickly grabbing Ethan and his dagger. I looked directly to the members of his Clan, "If you shoot! Your leader will die!"
"You, bastard," he muttered quietly and I just grinned in response. Clay stood up and grabbed his gun, "All of you, leave our land and never come back, or he will die. Along with his wife, their offspring will never have anyone to raise them." The members of the Iwa clan mumbled something then nodded, leaving with their tails between their legs. Clay bragged the dagger, "Let me handle this George," he gently kissed me on the cheek and I stood up.

Ant and Caroline ran up to me, "I'm so glad you're ok! If there weren't as many walkers around I would have come to help you!"
"Yeah, but you did make our job a little easier!" Caroline chuckled. I turned back to Clay, Ethan had a large scar on his face and was walking back to the border, and Clay was waving to him mockingly. "So, what did you do?" I asked, standing beside him. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer, "Just gave him a few words." He took off his mask and smiled, "Let's celebrate tonight," he spoke, looking down at me. "Yeah, let's." I blushed.