Chapter 10 - Cloverflare

Snow was heavily falling and the gusts of freezing wind swirled the snowflakes around her. Cloverflare was wandering endlessly through what she assumed was still ThunderClan territory due to all the bare trees her fur brushed up against.

Leaf-bare made it impossible for her to smell anything that would lead her out of the forest. She was walking through ThunderClan territory for what seemed hours. And it seemed that no one was looking for her. Cloverflare probably couldn't smell anyone coming her way, anyways. Her nose was definitely frozen and Cloverflare felt scarily thin. She hadn't eaten anything since the last day and her stomach growled loudly.

That's when her "useless" nose picked up a scent. Prey! Cloverflare sniffed again and the cold wasn't deceiving her. A shrew. Perfect! The she-cat took a deep inhale and sensed that the small brown rodent was hidden under the root of a bare tree. She automatically leapt into her hunting crouch and held her tail up high, silently creeping closer.

She tried to deafen the crunch of the snow as much as she could. And that's when she slid on some hidden ice and landed on her face. Her hiss of pain made the shrew realize it was in danger and it started to dash away. 

"No!" Cloverflare exclaimed and decided to chase it down. It was only a matter of moments before the shrew dove down into its comfortable underground den and that's when Cloverflare pinned its tail. She grinned in triumph and quickly snapped its neck in between her jaws so it wouldn't ever escape her grasp. 

Cloverflare laid down and started to eat right then and there. She was no longer a part of ThunderClan, right? So she just could eat prey whenever she wanted. While chewing, she felt more guilt rise up in her chest. Eagleflame did trust her. The deputy actually was impressed by her. He was the one probably looking for her right now because he knew she went "hunting". 

Cloverflare shook her head. Was she seriously thinking about going back to ThunderClan? No way, she already made up her mind.

When she finished her shrew and stood up, she heard a rustling and crunching noise. Her pricked her ears. It was like paw steps nearing her. Her nose was frozen again so she couldn't tell who it was. It must be Eagleflame looking for her with a search party. She was so cold and desperate that she cried out his name, "Eagleflame!"

"Never heard of an Eagleflame," snickered a strange she-cat rudely alongside other cats. Wait she recognized the sound of her voice. Swan and the rouges. "Get off of ThunderClan's territory right now! I don't have any prey with me!" Cloverflare yowling at them, standing her ground. 

Swan laughed. "I remember you! You're the weak looking one from that patrol we mauled. I didn't think you would survive. And oh we're not here for the prey, honey. Spine. Hunter. Rip. Get her," she commanded. 

Cloverflare could almost feel herself pale as fear shot through her. Three rouges pounced at her all at once. She kicked one of them directly in the face and held on to his throat. He screamed, "Let me go! Let me go! I'll back off!!" and surprisingly when she let go, he took off back into the forest with Swan yowling insults behind him. She then threw the one clawing her back against a tree as hard as she could and then she felt him go limp. 

Cloverflare spun around. "Who's next?" The cat called Hunter laughed. "Us," Swan hissed in the most deadly way as she attacked her. Swan pulled her tail so hard it felt like it was going to rip off and Hunter sliced her belly. 

She was so tired that she could barely muster the strength to fight back. And that was when Swan slammed her head down on a rock as hard as she possibly could.

There was a loud ringing in Cloverflare's ears and she felt herself collapse to the ground, her blood pouring out, probably dying the snow a dark red. 

Cloverflare couldn't move and she could feel reality slipping away as Swan and Hunter dragged her body away from ThunderClan. 

Away from the forests.

 Away from the territories. 

And she knew that no matter where they were taking her.

She was going to die.

A/N

Was that a plot twist or was that a plot twist -w-

AH WE ARE DONE WITH THE FIRST BOOK IN ECHOING BATTLE YAAAAY

Ok well technically I'm going to publish the epilogue later, so then we'll be done!!!

I felt really sad and excited writing this chapter. I hope you guys liked it!! 

I really wanted to write this right away because I felt bad procrastinating on this book for like two months XD

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

-Vii