Chapter 1 - Cloverkit

"Ugh Velvetcloud! Falconpaw! How can I become a warrior or even an apprentice if I can't walk or see ANYTHING?" Cloverkit meowed angrily after running into another wall.

Falconpaw put his tail on her back. "You can do it Cloverkit. What have we been telling you?" Cloverkit sighed and whined, "Use my other senses to get around and I'll be fine."

Velvetcloud's juniper-like scent surrounded her. "That's right now let's try to practice outside the den." Cloverkit turned her head to the sound of the medicine cat's meow. "I know I should respect my elders but are you crazy?" Falconpaw gaped. 

"First of all I'm not an elder, Falconpaw. And second, unless you want to be picking ticks off of every single elder like Gingerpaw when she stuffed catmint up Eagleflame's nose, I suggest you keep your jaws shut and trust me," she said sternly. 

Wow, Velvetcloud has definitely become more confident after Flowertail was killed. I wonder why, Cloverkit tilted her head as Falconpaw led her out of the medicine den. 

When they stopped, the white and gray she-cat assumed they were the center of ThunderClan camp. "Ok Cloverkit. Think of this as...a walking assessment. Or like your assessment to become  an apprentice. Just walk to every main location in camp," Velvetcloud nudged her. "You got this. Show your clanmates who's boss!" Falconpaw cheered.

Cloverkit took a deep breath and tried to map out the camp in her mind. She has seen it only for a couple moons in her life so this was a bit difficult. Use my other senses to get around and I'll be fine.

She took a deep breath and pricked her ears. Falconpaw would always say since she was blind, her scent and hearing was much stronger than all the Clan cats. Cloverkit could hear the elder, Spruceclaw telling Gingerpaw stories about his dead mate Lilyfall, her grandmother. 

She slowly started to pad up to the elder's stump, noting how the voices become louder and more clear. When Cloverkit was positive she reached there, she turned and headed towards Silverfern's, her mother, and Meadowfur's mews from the nursery. 

Cloverkit was becoming even more confident now as more of her clanmates fell silent and watched her. The warriors den was near the nursery since she smelled Icysight and Deerprance and she tried her best to recognize every cat's scent. 

Pride was bubbling in her chest after she found the apprentice den and the medicine den once again. She could feel the ledge to the leader's and she started to sprint. Cloverkit could hear cats gasping. "W-wait Cloverkit don't run yet!" she could hear Falconpaw cry. The blind kit ran a lap around Thornstar who lifted his head up, startled, and then hopped down the ledge remembering where to place her paws and stopped right in front of Velvetcloud's and Falconpaw's bewildered faces. 

Cloverkit was beaming widely as she panted. The cats around her were silent for a couple heartbeats then they started to chant her name excitedly. 

"Cloverkit! Cloverkit!"

"Congratulations Cloverkit you did it!!!"

"That was insane!!"

"Lionwing and Silverfern must be so proud of you!"

"An average kit probably couldn't do that, that fast!"

"She has her mother's speed."

"I think in a few days we might have a new apprentice. And I think it a few moons we will have the finest warrior any cat has ever saw," Cloverkit heard Velvetcloud say as Falconpaw gave her a friendly shove.

And she's right. I will become the finest warrior even if I have to prove that I'm not weak and helpless. Well actually, maybe I already did!  Her mind said and Cloverkit wondered if life as a blind cat wouldn't be so challenging as she thought. 

A/N

*slaps self*

HOLY CRUD WHY DOES IT TAKE MY FREAKING 18 YEARS TO WRITE A CHAPTER?!?!? 

Ugh I am so busy-

I am UNBEILVELY sorry because of how long it took to publish this!! I dunno it took like maybe a couple forevers. 

Hope y'all liked this! 

Stay healthy and happy!

-Vii