Chapter 3 - Cloverkit

Cloverkit sighed to herself. She could hear Falconpaw and Velvetcloud sleeping soundly as she felt the early dawn green-leaf sunlight warming up her white and gray pelt though the large hole in the medicine den.

I'm proud of Flutterki- Flutterpaw but I wished I was made an apprentice, too. I should probably try not to show it though. That's selfish, Cloverkit, she thought as she curled her tail around herself. 

She pricked her ears and heard a rustling sound along wit the loud yawn of Falconpaw. Just the scent of the tom reminds her of the things she noticed from him last night.

Cloverkit marched over to him and bit what she assumed was his ear and he yelped in pain and jumped from his nest. "What in StarClan was that for?!" 

Cloverkit tilted her head. "Why do you have a big crush on my sister?"

"W-what? Who- How do you know that?!?"

"You talk in your sleep, you stupid furball..."

"But I fell asleep like... after moonhigh!" 

"Ha...well. Funny thing actually, I barely get any sleep. When you're blind, sometimes I can't tell if my eyes are open or closed....creepy thought!" Cloverkit tilted her head back up to him.

Falconpaw seemed to shudder. "You can't tell ANY cat, Cloverkit."

Cloverkit sighed. "I hate to break it to you but you're a medicine cat. That's breaking the code if you have a mate," she meowed as she put a paw on him supportively.

"I-I know that. I can't help it though. Maybe I can make it work..."

She flattened her ears, disapprovingly. "Velvetcloud would kill you." Falconpaw heaved a loud groan and stood up. "I know...." She followed him out of the medicine den.

When Cloverkit stepped outside after padding down the steep trail that led up to the medicine den, she ran into who she thought was Nightfang with his apprentice, and one of her many cousins, Fernpaw. "Oh, StarClan. Cloverkit! I'm so sorry. It was obviously not your fault you ran into me. You obviously didn't see me. Sorry," the black tom said frantically as though not wanting to get in trouble and hurried off with Fernpaw.

Cloverkit furrowed her brow and felt anger stirring up deep inside her chest. She wasn't a mouse brain! Then again, everyone seemed to be treating her like one today. Do they not remember her amazing performance just two days ago? The she-cat growled to herself and continued on. "I'll show them who's the blind cat around here."

Hours later, the whole Clan was finally awake. Cloverkit congratulated her sister, Flutterpaw, and was actually pretty proud of her. She was slightly annoyed and surprised why Thornstar didn't make her an apprentice alongside her kin, however.

And of course, she was once again surprised when she heard the brown tom yowl for a Clan meeting after Eagleflame's patrols returned from hunting.

"Cloverkit, step forward."

Now she was becoming an apprentice? Thornstar is really off his game. Nonetheless, finally! She's going to be an apprentice!

"Cloverkit has reached six moons just like her sister, Flutterpaw, and it is now her time to be made an apprentice. From this day forward, Cloverkit will be known as Cloverpaw and we will remember Cloverstep with her name. Cloverpaw, you're apprentice will be Swiftstripe. Swiftstripe, you have succeeded in training Silverfern and you will make a wonderful warrior out of Cloverpaw."

"Cloverpaw! Cloverpaw! Cloverpaw!"

Cloverpaw beamed and licked Swiftstripe's and Thornstar's shoulders respectfully.

After the Clan has settled down, Cloverpaw padded up to Swiftstripe a bit anxiously. Without thinking, dull amber-eyed she-cat burst out, "Will you treat me differently because I'm blind?"

Swiftstripe turned to look at her and must've raised her eyebrow. "Of course." Cloverpaw lowered her head, disappointingly. "I think your disability is a great way for you to learn how to be resourceful and because of that I expect you to work harder than ever, is that clear?"

The she-cat suddenly sat up straighter. "Yes, Swiftstripe!" 

"Then I expect you to bring the heat during our first training session," her cream mentor must have bowed her head formally 

Cloverpaw couldn't help but smile. Maybe some of the Clan does believe in me!

A/N 

Yup!

I did it again! I rushed this chapter for you guys!

I have to go so see you all later! <3

-Vii