Chapter 6 - Flutterpaw

*4 moons later*

"Oh my StarClan! Oh my Starclan! OH MY STARCLAN!!!!" Gingerpaw screeched excitedly as she sprinted into the apprentice den and practically tripped over Flutterpaw and Cloverpaw in the late leaf-fall morning.

"AH WHAT!" Flutterpaw jumped awake, her back fur bristling. "IS THERE A FIRE IN CAMP?" Cloverpaw rolled onto her paws as while, her hind legs raised.

Fernpaw padded in as well, giggling softly. "Gingerpaw, what do you say to your cousins?"

Gingerpaw was grinning ear to ear and meowed loudly, "We are ALL being ASSESSED TODAY!!!!" Flutterpaw gasped and squealed excitedly. Now I will finally be at the same rank with Falconblink! Sort of I guess. And we can hang out a lot more!! How did I ever think that tom was annoying? "That means we all probably become warriors TODAY!!!" she heard her blind sister yowl and wiggle her tail, excitedly.

"I was going to say that you should apologize but getting excited works too because we might ALL become WARRIORS TODAY!!!!!" Fernpaw barreled into the other three apprentices with joy in her voice and a spring in her step.

They were still giggling excitedly when all of their four mentors walked in. Snowberry laughed. "We are starting your assessments first thing! Which means right now! So I hope you give it all you got Flutterpaw!" Don't mess this up, Flutterpaw. This is your moment.

"You're definitely ready, Cloverpaw. Im sure you  will do just as great as everyone else, if not better," Swiftstripe meowed, causing Cloverpaw to beam brightly. She will become one of the warriors, just like every cat in ThunderClan! thought Flutterpaw excitedly.

"Good luck guys!" Gingerpaw mewed as she bounced out with her mentor, Leafmoon, along with Fernpaw and Nightfang. 

"We better go if you two want to become warriors before sunhigh!" said Snowberry, pushing Flutterpaw with her tail. The gold she-cat meowed a quick, "You'll do amazing!" to Cloverpaw before striding out with her own mentor. 

And while she was walking through camp, she ran into her crush, Falconblink. "Oh, um, hello, Flutterpaw," he meowed awkwardly, blushing. Flutterpaw frowned. Ever since Falconblink became a full medicine cat, it seemed like he ever had time for her anymore because she was just a silly apprentice. He was always in a rush to cure cats and save lives. Did all the private training sessions and hunting trips mean nothing to him. Did she mean nothing to him? Sometimes she wondered if opening her heart was a bad idea. Maybe since she was taking her assessment, Falconblink might care for her again.

"Just so, you know, I might become a warrior today." "Wow. Really? That's great!" "Oh, now you care about me?" 

Falconblink took a step back, confused. "What?"

 "Oh, you know full well what I'm talking about! Since you earned your stupid medicine cat name, you've been ignoring me like greencough! I actually thought you liked me," Flutterpaw snapped. The gray tom opened his jaws to reply but she hissed. "It's been four moons. FOUR WHOLE MOONS since we actually had a full conversation. What is your deal, oh great and wise medicine cat? The worst part is that now because I'm becoming a warrior, you think I'm now grown-up and perfect for you! Congratulating me was the ONLY nice thing you said to me this whole season! Can't believe I thought I liked you and your ignorant, perfect eyes!" Then she stormed off through the thorn tunnel, ignoring the desperate "Flutterpaw!" from Falconblink.

Whence reached the middle of the forest, she met up with the other apprentices and Snowberry and looked her mentor straight in her green eyes. "I'm ready to prove myself. To some cats. Now, let's get this thing started."