Epilogue

Harley was pacing back and forth, flicking her tail. Her bright red collar gleamed and she paused to wipe some blood that remain on her paw. Swan and her squad should have been back by now from collecting more members for her and the rest of the rogues. Of course, she needed to see what they were made of first. 

Harley sat back down on her haunches. She was the leader of this large, vicious, rouge group. They did wear spiked collars. Harley knew it was cliche but she tended to like the fangs of dogs that were stuck into the leather. They were located in the city and since  their quarters were next to the Twolegs' fish market, they were called the Pirates. And although Harley personally thought it was a dumb nickname for her gang, it seemed to stick.

Swan burst in along with Hunter and they were dragging a pretty lifeless looking she-cat. Swan threw her into an empty cage and was able to lock it with her paws. Harley leapt down from her ledge, on eyebrow raised.

"Swan, report," the white and tan she said in a commanding voice. 

Swan sat up, her shining white pelt glistening in the dim light of the meeting room. "We found her roaming just outside of ThunderClan territory. It was rather strange, actually. She was just walking around. Not on a patrol or whatever the Clan cats call it. But she reeks of ThunderClan even though she hasn't been interacting with any cat in a couple days," she explained. "And she's just unconscious, not dead."

Harley took a closer look at the Clan cat as she peered in the cage. She flicked her shredded ear. The she-cat was white but with a gray cape and black markings. She had several scars over both her eyes and this gave Harley hope that this cat would make a good member of her gang. If she didn't, well, she'd just have to kill her.

Her belly was stained dark red however and blood dripped from her head. Harley turned around to face Hunter. "Go get the Twoleg's bandages. That should stop her from bleeding to death." Hunter nodded and dashed out of the room.

"Wake her up. I would like to chat with her."

Swan looked hesitantly but she knew not to disobey her leader, so Harley watched as she grabbed a bucket of water meant of them with her jaws and poured it into the cage. The Clan cat shivered in her sleep for a moment, then snapped her eyes open and jumped up with a meow of surprise then a wince of pain.

The she-cat slowly lowered herself to her haunches, her wet fur flattened enough for Harley to see how thin she was.

"What's your name?" Harley asked steadily. The Clan cat growled. "Cloverflare," she muttered.

"Tell me about yourself and we'll try not to kill you."

Cloverflare looked up with a shaky breath and Harley realized with a bit of a start that, by the way her amber eyes didn't focus properly, she was blind.

"I was a warrior of ThunderClan. I have a sister who is terribly in love with a cat she's not allowed to be in love with. I have two best friends who probably think I'm dead. I used to have a brother before a psychopath killed him then blinded me. I realized how awful and rude my clanmates can be if I'm not just like them. I left my clan even though I still had a few pawful of cats who cared about me. And now I'm here. So what's your life story?" Cloverflare narrowed her faded eyes sarcastically.

"My StarClan, never heard of a Clan cat who had a tragic backstory," Harley rolled her eyes.

The she-cat opened her mouth of let out another sarcastic comment then stopped. "Wait. 'My StarClan.' You're a Clan cat! What happened to you?"

That's when Harley let an angry snarl escape from her throat as she threw herself at the cage, her claws clashing with the metal. "I will never be a rotten Clan cat. Now you better hold in your comments and questions, Clan cat..."

She heard Cloverflare suck in a breath.

"...because you're not going to survive much longer."

A/N 

DONE WITH BOOK 1 OF ECHOING BATTLE OH MY GOSH-

I'm sorry it took three months AHH IM A TERRIBLE PERSON

I hope you guys enjoyed that :D

We'll eventually move on to Book 2 I promise!

Sneak peek: It'll be called Ghost Appearing!

Have a fantastic day guys!

-Vii

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 [ʙ1] | 𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜 🎉