⛧ 1 ⛧

Hsbsbs = Diary
Cwvsve = Normal
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ = Switch to Woo and his mom (after the second one, it's back at Hongjoong's)

Alright, shall we get started?

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

October 1st, 1827

Dear Diary,

today's the day I've been waiting for the most. I successfully applied at the mental hospital, I got the letter yesterday but I was so happy that I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry.

I'm currently sitting in a carriage on the way to my new workplace/home since I'll be living on the estate, as I was told. It's gloomy outside, it was an hour ago when we actually drove through a village, as small as it was.

I knew that I would be away from civilization but that far? Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to see the estate soon and I can't wait to meet the other doctors at the hospital.

I hope I'll have the opportunity to learn even more about my work and get along well with other people!!

I'll stop now, it's too difficult to write since the street is very bumpy and my writing is probably unreadable!

Hongjoong

The young man grabbed the small brown book and placed it inside his suitcase before he looked outside again. They were currently in a dark forest, large spruces were standing between mighty oaks and sleek maples.

He couldn't see any birds or animals, just trees. A lot of trees. He knew they were on their way to the very top of the mountain since the mental hospital was located far from any civilization. Probably to keep the patients safe.

Hongjoong was excited. It was actually his first real work since he just graduated from university. He didn't know how, but the Aurora Hospital accepted him and now he is on his way. It's so surrealistic if you'd ask him. But who was he to complain? He would make the best out of it, that's for sure.

┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

The carriage stopped with a small bucking, and one of the two horses snorted. Hongjoong looked out of his window, he couldn't see anything besides the ubiquitous forest. Why were they stopping? Was something wrong?

The next moment, his door was opened and his driver looked inside:"Sir, the carriage can't go further, the axes could break if we continue. I'm sorry but you'll have to walk the last part of the way."

Hongjoong nodded and jumped out of the small cabin and pulled his suitcase out as well. The driver closed the door and with a last smile and an enthusiastic:"Good luck Sir!" He made a U-Turn and the carriage disappeared between the trees again, leaving Hongjoong completely alone.

The boy took a deep breath, then he grabbed the handle of his suitcase and started to walk.

He just had to follow the way, that wouldn't be that difficult, right?

┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

It was fucking difficult. The walk was exhausting because he had to fight his way through the forest for some stages because the way was impassable. It left him with scratches from some thorny plants and leaves on his clothes and in his hair, yet he was determined to continue his walk. What other choice did he have? Exactly. Nothing.

About half an hour later, it started to rain. The water was cold, it somehow found its way through his clothes and wetted his skin, making goosebumps erupt over his body. Hongjoong cursed and walked faster. How far was it to the estate?

The young man jumped back on the way, the rain making walking ten times more difficult than it would normally be, but somehow he managed. Don't ask him how, though.

And finally. Finally. FINALLY. He could see big iron gates in front of him. He walked faster, eager to escape the cold water coming from above, and stopped in front of the gates. There was nothing, except a small silvery chain, which was most likely a doorbell or something like that.

Hongjoong grabbed it and pulled. He didn't hear anything but suddenly, a figure appeared behind the gates.

The person was holding a dark red umbrella and walking slowly, one hand was placed inside her pocket. The coat she was wearing looked warm, and Hongjoong envied her. As the figure came closer and stopped in front of Hongjoong, the boy could take a clearer look at her.

It was a man and he was absolutely gorgeous.

The male was a bit taller than Hongjoong himself, he had broad shoulders, a small waist, and long legs. Black hair was covering his left eye and his lips looked soft and had the color of rose petals. His eyes were brown and had a mysterious look that cached Hongjoong's attention but before he thought about it, the man opened his mouth and started to speak.

And, oh boy, his voice sounded like dark velvet. It was deep and had a tone that made Hongjoong shudder.

"Who are you?"

Hongjoong brushed his wet hair back and smiled:"Hello! I'm Kim Hongjoong, I was hired for working here." The other seemed to think for a bit before his expression changed and a small smile appeared on his handsome face:"Ah, yes. I've been told. My name is Park Seonghwa, I'm a college of yours. Nice to meet you."

And with that, he opened the heavy gates and mentioned Hongjoong to come in:"Welcome at the Aurora Estate."

And behind Hongjoong, the gates closed again.

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

Not every chapter will be that long xD

Btw, this was inspired by this pin on Pinterest.