⛧ 4 ⛧

October 4th, 1827

Dear Diary,

Today was pretty boring. I woke up early, ate breakfast with Yeosang (he didn't talk as usual), and read some files Yunho gave me. It took until lunch, after that I was allowed to roam free around the estate but I was forbidden to get closer to the left building than 10 steps.

Why can't I go there? I am a doctor, I want to help people. Why don't they let me??

Anyway, I'm going outside now. I saw some pretty flowers blooming a bit further from the buildings although it's getting colder day by day.

Hongjoong

Hongjoong took a big gulp of cold, clear, fresh air as soon as he stepped outside. Dead leaves cracked under his soles as he started walking to a part of the estate which was a little bit farther from his current dorm.

There were indeed some pretty flowers. Their petals had a dark red color, and Hongjoong could spot a few white dots the closer he looked to the tips. Their stem was colored in a dark green shade and had little thorns. Hongjoong stayed close but he didn't dare touch them.

He wished he would be talented enough to paint them. He really did.

But suddenly, he saw a shadow in the corner of his eyes, a tall figure approaching him. The brunette turned around and was startled by the figure because she did scream.

"Who are you?!" "And who the hell are you?!" The boy stepped closer and started at Hongjoong. But so did the brunette. The strange boy had brown curly hair with a white streak, quite an eye-catcher. His lips formed a pout as he spoke and his body was slender and muscular, maybe a bit taller than Hongjoong.

The boy took a deep breath and took a quick glance at the surrounding before he grabbed Hongjoong's wrist and pulled him into some random bushes where he crouched down and started whispering.

"My name is San, Choi San. I am a worker at the Aurora Mental Hospital. The patients escaped and captured us, doctors, they locked us in their old rooms. I managed to escape. And who are you?"

Hongjoong eyed San quite suspiciously, his dirty clothes which were torn on some parts. But his guts told him to trust that guy.

And so he did.

"I'm Kim Hongjoong. I was hired as a doctor here...you said you were captured? What?" San nodded:"Yeah, it was late at night and we wanted to sleep. But somehow, the patients escaped and locked us. Please, we need your help! Please!"

"Who are that patients?" "Their names are... urgh." Suddenly, San got knocked out and fell down to the wet earth. Hongjoong blinked confused and opened his mouth, as he got roughly pulled up by his hair.

Who..?

He saw lilac hair, something hard hit his head and everything went dark.

┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

Hongjoong awoke with the feeling of someone staring at him.

And it was not a nice feeling.

"What...?"

"Ah, you are awake?"

That voice. Dark, soft velvet.

Seonghwa.

The brunette slowly sat up, his hands supporting his body, or otherwise, he'd fall back on the soft mattress. The older was sitting on a chair next to the bed Hongjoong was laying down, one leg above the other, and with one hand supporting his chin.

"What happened? I...talked to...San and...?" The raven-haired smiled softly:"One of the patients escaped and you happened to meet him. Wooyoung and Yeosang were searching for him and one accidentally hit you. Yunho got angry, very angry though. He said you are not allowed to leave your room for two weeks."

Well, that was just great. Absolutely fantastic. Please notice the sarcasm here.

Seonghwa's smile got broader:"But you shall not worry; I'll keep you company meanwhile."