⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ Prologue ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It was dusty there, in the corner of the big attic.

A little boy, maybe nine years old, looked at a big wooden box like a soldier would at his enemy.

This box was his enemy, maybe even worse.

He never ever looked behind her, he wasn't able to. His plans all failed, either he was too short or he would slip and fall back to the hard floor. But today, today was different. He could feel it. Today would be the day when he would defeat his enemy and finally be able to explore the yet unknown parts of the big space he was currently in.

It has to be the day. He even had an ace up his sleeve. And really, the boy was so damn proud of his absolute genius idea, he could dance from joy.

What is this ace? Simple. A stool. A green one, to say it correctly.

He placed his 'ace' close to the big box and with a last deep breath, he stepped on it and tried to jump into the air to pull himself on top of the box. And it worked!!!

It was dark there, behind the box. Sure, there were one or two windows in this room that provided it with daily light, but that light wasn't reaching that far. So what should he do? Jump down? But, what if there is a hole in the floor? Would he just, like, fall?

It was too risky. So he did what every boy would do. Okay, probably not every boy, but there has to be another who would act that way, right?

"MUUUUUUUUUMMYYYYYY!!!!!I NEED A FLASHLIGHT!!!!! COME HERE!!!!!!"

To be honest, he was just too lazy to jump down from the box in order to get it. He just managed to climb on top, why should he go down again?!

Soon, steps could be heard and a young woman entered. She was holding a black flashlight in her right hand and looking around, searching for her son. As soon as she laid her eyes on him, she smiled. Her boy always talked about that box he wanted to defeat, seems like the day has finally come.

"Hey, Woo. Why do you need this?" She lifted her right hand so that the boy could see the device she was holding. His eyes started to sparkle and he made grabby hands towards it. His mother stepped closer and handed it over. Woo clicked on the single button on the bottom and a sleek ray of yellowish light appeared. "I'm going to look behind this stupid box! Finally Mummy!"

The woman smiled and patted his soft black hair. "That's great! But what, if there are some spiders? Or monsters?" The boy smiled, showing a small gap where his left incisor would be:"Don't worry, I'll protect you!" And with that, he bravely turned around and finally looked behind the box.

To be honest, it was disappointing. There was nothing. Just dust, spider webs, a little book, and dirt. He wanted to turn around and pout but then, he got a closer look at the book. It was simple. Brown leather, no name. It was wrapped with a narrow band, probably to keep it closed. "Mummy, I found a book!!! I'll get it."

He jumped down and landed with a soft thud, the dust making him sneeze and squeeze his eyes shut. After a while, he opened them just a little bit to walk forward and grab the book. It wasn't heavy but it felt old. Very old. His mother managed to move the box so that he could slip through a small gap between the wall and it.

Proudly, the boy handed his treasure to his mother:"Can you read it?" The woman nodded and sat down, she unwrapped the thin band and carefully opened the first page.

There was nothing, except for a date and a name.

Kim Hongjoong, 1827

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hi (≧∇≦)/

This is gonna be a short (?) story, I hope (?)

Anyway, please keep in mind that it has nothing to do with the actual idols, it's just fiction. I got inspired suddenly and I wanted to start this as soon as possible lol. The updates won't be regular though.

Btw, English is not my first language, so if you find some mistakes then feel free to tell me !!!

Have fun while reading and please vote and comment ♡