I Need You

Logan's Pov.

"Settle down!" I yelled at my fellow pack members. Everyone looked at me and gave me their complete and undivided attention.

"Now, as most of you know, my beta Brandon was hospitalized due to the rogue battle that took place earlier today. I want to update those of you who couldn't be at the hospital with us. Brandon is expected to have a full recovery. As of now, he's in stable condition" I informed them.

Smiles spread across the room as people expressed their happiness on Brandon's condition.

"I've called this meeting not only to discuss Brandon's situation but to bring up other matters. Because of recent events, I've decided to step down as your Alpha, temporarily" I admitted.

Eyes widened, and gasps flew around the room. Clearly, everyone was shocked by my sudden change.

"But why Alpha?" a young pup asked.

I knelt down in front of the young pup. "Business, Maxxie. Don't worry buddy, it's only for a little while" I assured him, ruffling his hair.

"Now, I know this comes as a surprise to all of you, but I can guarantee that I am not leaving you here without an Alpha. I've spoken to State Alpha Andrews and he has agreed to take over as your Alpha until I return." I added.

"That is all. If anyone has any questions or concerns, you can see me privately in my office. You're all dismissed" I concluded.

I walked over to my office and took a seat. Just as I was about to call our State Alpha, Izzy entered my office.

"Logan, can we talk for a minute?" She asked.

"Sure. What's up?"

"Why are you leaving? It's not because of what happened with us, right?" she questioned.

I sighed. That was only part of the reason. "No, Izzy. I'm being called upon the council for a brief hearing. It's only going to be a few days" I said.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, stepping closer to me.

"Hopefully" I replied.

We both stayed silent, just staring at each other. I have to admit, this girl is making it hard for me to stay away from her.

"Are you going by yourself?" she finally said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Pretty much. Usually the alpha female accompanies the alpha to these hearings, but because of our situation, I figured I would go solo"

"Can I go with you?" she said, now standing in front of me.

"Isabel, listen. You are my mate. I understand that, you understand that, but the thing is, right now you aren't safe with me. I'm about to be completely honest with you. I like you... A whole lot, which is weird because we just met. But there is something about you that instantly pulls me to you. I wish I can hold you and tell you everything will be okay, it and even give us a shot at our relationship, but I know you don't really like that idea, and neither do your parents. I meant what I said at the hospital. You need a mate that will be perfect for you. I don't think I can be that person" I said, pouring my heart out.

Instead of responding, she leaned forward and kissed me. Once her lips touched mine, I felt like 1000 watts of electricity was shooting through my body. It felt so perfect.

She pulled away from the kiss and smiled at me. "How about you let me make that decision?"

I grinned and pecked her lips softly. "You've got a deal, mate."