Chapter Three: Damn, He's Kinda Cute

TW: mild language, having a crush on someone while being in a relationship, mention of choking (on food, not strangulation)

------

Virgil's POV

------

The next morning, I woke up around 10 am. It was a Monday, but I didn't have any classes that day. Judging by the fact that I heard soft snoring from the top bunk, it seems like Roman doesn't either. 

 I got dressed and walked out into our common room. The other two guys, who I realized I still hadn't actually met, weren't in the room, so I figured they had classes. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat on the couch to eat.

 As I washed my bowl, Roman walked out into the common room, wearing nothing but a pair of red sweatpants. Holy mother of abs. That's a six-pack if I've ever seen one.

 "Oh my god! I'm so sorry I thought I would be the only one still in the dorm room!" He quickly apologized, snapping me out of my daze. He ran back into the bedroom and put on a shirt before walking into the common room once again. "Sorry again"

 "No, it's fine. I don't really mind. Hey, can I ask you a few questions?" I asked

 "Yeah, sure. What's up?" He replied, pouring himself a bowl of cereal

 "I didn't get to meet them last night. Do you know our other two roommates?" I asked

 "Yeah, the rat with green hair is my older brother, Remus. The nerd who's surprisingly jacked is his boyfriend and soulmate, Logan. They're sophomores" Roman responded. I chuckled a bit at his descriptions.

 "Also, yesterday you were wearing a shirt from Westerburg High School. I don't want to be rude or anything, but who wears a shirt from their high school on the day they move into their college dorm?" I asked. He burst out laughing, almost choking on his cereal.

 "It's not an actual school. It's from something" he told me

 "Oh," I replied. We fell into a silence. I couldn't decide if it was a comfortable one or an awkward one. "What's it from?" I asked after a moment

 "Do you have any classes today?" he asked

 "No, why?"

 "How do you feel about musicals?"

He ended up showing me the musical the shirt was from. It's called Heathers, and holy shit it's one of the best things I've ever seen. Roman said he played JD in a production of it once. He doesn't give off JD vibes, but he seems like he's a pretty good actor, so I can understand how he got the part. As we watched, he sang along with a lot of the music and told me stories about when he performed it. Apparently, during one of the performances, he lost his pants during Dead Girl Walking! I laughed so hard when he said that. 

 We ended up watching it twice. It was really good, but I was mostly focused on Roman. I don't want to date anybody unless they're my soulmate. It's physically impossible for it to last. It'd just end in heartbreak, probably for both of us. But damn, he's kinda cute.

---meanwhile--

--Logan's POV--

 Remus and I both had classes all day. Unfortunately, they were on opposite sides of the campus, so we didn't get to see each other much. Around 6 pm, I got out of my last class and started walking towards the well statue. On our campus, there's a statue of a man sitting on the edge of a well. Remus and I had our first kiss in front of the statue, and now it's become a special place for us. We had decided once we were out of our classes, we would meet at the statue and go out to dinner together. 

 As I walked toward the statue, I let my mind wander. It wandered to places it had wandered before, but it also found a new topic to ponder. A topic I admittedly felt quite bad about wondering. A boy. A boy who wasn't Remus. In one of my classes, there was a boy who sat next to me. He wore a pair of black jeans, light blue converse, and a matching light blue flannel. He had curly blond hair and a small gap between his front teeth. His name was Patton.

 I shouldn't be thinking like this. Remus is my boyfriend. Remus is my soulmate. I love Remus with my whole heart. I have never heard of a pair of soulmates that weren't perfect for each other. And yet, I felt as if there was something between me and Patton. I shouldn't be thinking this about anyone other than Remus, but damn. He's kinda cute.