Chapter Ten: Maybe I Shouldn't Consider You My Parents

TW // coming out, yelling, unsupportive parents, pregnancy mentions, language
~~~~~~

The dial tone rang through the dorm room for a moment before the faces of Mr. and Mrs. Appleton appeared on the screen of Roman's laptop. The family liked to video call at least once a month so they could catch up on what was happening at the twins' school in Pennsylvania and back home in Jacksonville.

The family greeted each other excitedly and talked about the normal stuff, such as how classes had been going so far, what had been happening recently with the parents jobs, and little things like that.

"We actually have some exciting news to tell you!" Roman and Remus' dad, Garrison, told them

"What is it?" Roman asked

"My sister is pregnant!" Garrison told them

"Aunt Libby's gonna be a mom?!?!" Remus yelled, clearly excited.  The door to Roman and Virgil's room cracked open and Virgil stepped out.

"Is everything okay?" he asked "I heard screaming"

"Everything's fine. Remus just found out his favorite aunt is gonna be a mom" Roman explained

"Okay. Tell her I said congratulations" Virgil said

"We will. Have fun working on your project, love you" Roman replied. Virgil froze. They had never said that to each other before. He mumbled something reminiscent of an 'uh-huh' before disappearing into his room to work on a project for one of his classes.

"Oooooo, who was that?" Garrison teased

"That's Virgil, Roman's boyyyyyyyyfriendddddd" Remus responded, also teasing, causing Roman to go bright red

"Do we get to meet him?" the twins mom, Tess, asked

"Someday, but not right now. He's working on a really big project for his number theory class" Roman said with a small smile

"Number theory? Is he a math major?" Garrison asked, earning a nod from his son. "I like this kid already"

The family continued talking for about 20 minutes until Roman realized that he had a class to get to. He went into his and Virgil's room to put on some shoes.

"Hey, sorry if I freaked you out earlier. It just slipped out and I didn't mean it... well I do mean it and it's true but you don-" Roman rambled to his boyfriend

"Ro, it's okay. I love you too. It just startled me because I wasn't expecting it" Virgil responded before gently kissing Roman.

Roman froze for a second, then shake it off, put on his shoes and ran out the door so he wasn't late for class.

Remus continued talking to his parents for a while. It felt like everything was going right... that changed incredibly quickly.

Logan stepped out of his and Remus' room wearing a navy blue button-down shirt, a back tie, and matching black dress pants.

"I have to head out. I love you" he said, giving Remus a kiss and walking out the door

"Love you too" Remus replied

"Where's Logan going dresses so nicely? Does he have a job interview or something?" Tess asked, genuinely curious

"No, he's got a date" Remus responded. Garrison laughed, thinking he was joking until he saw the expression on Remus' face.

"Oh you're being serious... are you okay with that?" Garrison asked

"Of course I am" Remus responded

"How could you be okay with your soulmate dating another guy?" Tess asked

"Because I love him and I trust him... and it's two other guys, actually. And I'm also dating both of them" Remus explained

"...Are you sure this is a good idea? I don't want you to get hurt" Garrison said, concern clear in voice

"Of course I'm sure. I know you got hurt when you dated a guy who wasn't your soulmate but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen to me. I love all three of them more than anything else in this world. I want to spend the rest of my life with them and if you two can't fucking accept that than maybe I shouldn't consider you my parents" Remus yelled, slamming the laptop shut and running out of his dorm to find Patton, because he knew Pat wouldn't be busy at the moment. By the time he got to Patton's dorm room, hot tears were pouring down his face.

A few minutes later, Janus' phone buzzed and he glanced at it, seeing a notification from the groupchat he had with his boyfriends.

                             The Gaydy Bunch

Patty 💙
guys drop everything and get over here asap something happened with re

The rest of the night was filled with cuddles, kisses, hot cocoa, and movies for the four boyfriends.