Chapter 2: Nightmare (Part 2)

"What happened here? And who's Laurel?"

  The young man knew that question was inevitable, so he had tried to prep himself during their journey, but facing the past was never easy, much less when that meant remembering stuff that still hurt him.

  "The story is long, I must explain other things too, and maybe you are tired..."

  "No problem, if you want to talk, we'll listen" answered Bow.

  "Okay" Archie sighed loudly and, maintaining his eyes on the fire, he started to answer Adora's question, "This planet was full of resources, we used them, but we respected nature so she would respect us, for that, we wouldn't take more than we needed. We never expected war, but still, we had soldiers in case of need; but they weren't as technologically advanced as in other planets." He explained, his head transporting him to those good old days of peace. He smiled, and looked back at the fire, "Neither did we need them. Because we had amazing sorceresses like my mother-the queen- or my grandmother; and great warriors like my father the king-. As far to Eira and me, we were both apprentices of my grandmother, I was still young but my sister, a bit older than me, already showed signs of being a powerful wizard, quickly overcoming any challenge put in her way." He affirmed proudly, as the rest listened attentively" We all lived in peace and harmony, until Horde Pride came..." he said, erasing any joy his face showed moments before, "He thought we were wasting potential, and he claimed he'll teach us how to really reach it, but of course, we didn't want that, because that implied abusing our land, which we wouldn't accept under any circumstance, so he, seeing we wouldn't follow what he asked for, started to attack. At first, we resisted a little bit, but it got worse each time, to the point where it didn't matter what we did, we always lost. We didn't know what to do any more until my grandmother remembered an old tale her ancestors once told her..."

  "What tale?" asked Glimmer completely absorbed in the story.

  "One about a warrior that Eternians were afraid of, and who had been locked in the shadows, under their command, by one of my forefathers. What my grandmother knew, was that our ancestors helped the scientists of Eternia to understand a bit more about magic, as they work on a very important project, which would be used in another planet" Adora looked at him curiously, wondering if maybe that project had something to do with the Heart of Etheria, "It was in the middle of this, that the warrior appeared, destroying everything at her sight, without no one able to stop her, that's why they asked for my family's help and they, not knowing why they were condemning her to that dark fate, locked her up."

  "Laurel..." whispered Adora.

  "Exactly. We didn't know what was going to happen, but we didn't have much choice, so they had to bring her here, and for that, they needed a bearer, which happened to be, sadly, my sister."

  "Why her?" asked Bow.

  "Because she was the strongest, the youngest, and who could control magic the best besides my grandma, and clearly she didn't doubt to help because that's what her town needed" he answered sadly, "they managed to do the spell, but Laurel put a condition, if she helped us, my sister would need to assist her to complete her revenge, and, Eira couldn't deny her, Laurel was, without a shadow of a doubt, an exceptional warrior. And with the power of my sister, they were unstoppable." He recognized remembering that one moment when he first met her. "Horde Prime had no other choice but to retreat, he had no chance against the two of them, and, having persisted, they would have surely destroyed him and his whole army" he confirmed while the rest looked at him, surprised.

  "Horde Prime did this to your planet?" asked Catra, confounded.

  "No, it was the magic used by Eira to keep Laurel around during the fight and as well in the revenge of the latter..." explained Archie, his eyes set on the fire once more; he still couldn't get over the whole ordeal nor the anger it had caused him.