Chapter 3: Monsters (Part 1)

In the morning everybody met up in the main room where Archie decided to spend the night; he wasn't there, but the group didn't notice it yet. Bow and Glimmer were splendid and brimming with energy, as usual, however, that wasn't the case for Adora and Catra, who showed big bags under their eyes and couldn't stop yawning.

  "What happened to you?" asked Bow surprised at the sight of his friends.

  "Catra had nightmares and moved a lot" responded Adora sleepily, looking to her partner who returned nasty eyes.

  "I'm sorry but sadly, I can't control what I dream," Catra said a bit defensively, "Besides I wasn't the only one moving. Seemingly someone dreamt she was fighting" she explained looking at Adora.

  "That's not true!"

  Bow and Glimmer witnessed the scene unfolding before them very entertained. Something that Catra, noticing this, didn't like at all.

  "What are you laughing at?" asked sharply, causing the two to stop their laughter, but before the couple could respond, Archie interrupted the scene, barging into the room through the main door, catching everybody's attention.

  "Good morning" he greeted politely. In his arms, he carried a cloth that had something on the inside that caused weight.

  "What's that?" asked Glimmer first as the rest paid attention, Archie walked to the table in the middle of the room and dropped its contents on it.

  "I went to gather something to eat before parting" he explained with a smile, the pile of odd-looking fruits resting before him, "Eat without worries, I already did on the way" Everybody's faces lit up immediately and, except for Catra who walked slowly, they ran happily towards the food. Upon arriving, Catra took a seat beside Adora, side-eyeing the stuff on the table.

  "Thanks very much" They thanked almost at the same time. Archie simply did a small reverence and smile at them.

  "If you'll excuse me," he said, walking to the exit, "I will prepare and gather some more things. Once you're done, we'll meet outside... Is that ok?" he checked on them before leaving.

  "Excellent" replied Bow.

  With that, Archie left, allowing them to have breakfast peacefully. The boy was amazed at how much fruit he managed to recollect, and he wondered if perhaps, his planet was returning to what once was.

  As Adora ate as if she never did before, Catra couldn't even watch the food; she was still worried and anguished for the dreams she had the previous night.

  "What is it?" asked Adora, her mouth full with food.

  "You shouldn't speak with your mouth open" replied Catra mean-spirited, while she rested her head on her arms. Adora sighed slightly, swallowed, and then tried again.

  "I'm sorry" she apologized between laughs, "Is it because of the nightmare?"

  "What nightmare?" asked Glimmer curiously, interrupting Catra as Bow gave them a similar stare.

  "Catra had a nightmare with an evil and dark She-ra" Adora said exaggerating like she was telling a horror story, Catra gave her a nasty look.

  "It was very re-" she tried to justify herself, but before she could, Adora grabbed a piece of fruit and shoved it in her mouth.

  "You should eat to gain some energy," joked the girl laughing, trying to soften her, but Catra looked murderous.

  "Maybe you got suggested by our encounter with Eira," said Glimmer, who had listened attentively, also trying to get Catra to calm down.