Chapter 6: No Mercy (Part 2)

"Catra, watch out!" yelled Adora, trying to avoid what was about to happen.

  At the palace, Archie told Glimmer to teleport them where they had changed, their clothes that very same day; hoping to find Louis. Both looked for him, but the salon was almost full dark, and they didn't want to shout his name, in case there were more guards on the zone. The prince was about to give up and as he tried to sign to the girl to search in another place, the royal stylist appeared from beneath the shadows.

  "Archie!" Glimmer whispered, trying to get his attention, but he couldn't quite make up what she wanted.

  "Young prince!" exclaimed Louis, happy to see him, making him jump.

  "You almost kill me!"

  "I'm so glad to see you" he admitted while hugging him, "And I'm glad you follow your gut" he added, looking at Glimmer, who smiled confusedly. The truth was that, during their meeting of the group and the "Queen", Archie confided his doubts to Louis, about Laurel's plans and the true intentions of the group.

  "Yeah, yeah, we need your help" he replied, trying to evade the sentimentalism of the moment, feeling slightly embarrassed of admitting anything in front of the girl.

  "What do you need?"

  "Laurel is fighting She-ra as we speak, so we have no time, and we need to execute this spell" Archie signed to Glimmer to show the book, "And we need help to practice without being interrupted"

  "That seems difficult, and you haven't used your magic in quite a long time..."

  "You know magic?" asked Glimmer curiously.

  "Yes, my whole family was always integrated by strong sorcerers, but I was the black sheep, only knew the theory" he explained laughing, "I'll try to stop anybody from interrupting, "Good luck!"

  "Thanks," said Archie and Glimmer.

  Adora tried to get up and stop Laurel from beating Catra, but the warrior pushed her before she could. Given that Catra wasn't expecting to be heard by Laurel, she went straight to her but was swiftly stopped by her and promptly kicked away. Catra tried to stand, but Laurel was already in front of her, grabbing her by the neck and lifting her with ease, while Catra tried uselessly to escape.

  "Did you think you could use the same trick twice?" she asked while smiling sadistically. "I'm no idiot" she added, materializing her sword.

  "Let go of her, right now" Adora, who had transformed again, stared at Laurel with her eyes full of anger, the latter turned around to face her with a smile.

  "Okay, go for her" The warrior threw Catra harshly against the fire spreading around the jungle. Adora, with inhuman speed, managed to catch her before anything else could happen.

  "Are you okay?" asked She-ra. Catra nodded and was delicately placed on the ground, so she could stand on her own.

  "See, you can fight still, it wasn't that hard" She-ra and Catra looked at her with hatred, so Laurel got ready for battle, turning her sword in a big spear, smiling arrogantly to both girls who were coming to her, "Let's see who is the last one standing.

  She knew she was at a disadvantage, number-wise because despite having Eira, she wasn't a physical ally. Although, to her tranquility, she knew that neither of the girls had any sort of plan or combat strategy, so Eira's magic and her tactical approach would be key to destroy them. Whenever one of them tried to attack, the other was hit by a barrier or by Laurel, who used the spear to keep them away.

  Adora and Catra were exhausted, but they kept thinking that Laurel, at one point, would make a mistake and leave a hole in her defense, so far though, the battle was on equal terms. As they were ready to lose hope, Catra found one space, and without wasting any time, she clawed her on a side, that sudden pain made Laurel unable to dodge She-ra's sword. The latter managed to make a small cut on her face before Laurel, enraged, used Eira's magic to send her flying.