Chapter 4: Trouble's Coming (Part 1)

Under the strong sunlight, the guards escorted the squad of five up until the village ended; being the mark where they'll have to split and go to their specific missions. The idea of separating felt odd to them, since they been together for so long that, deep down, nobody wanted to do so; much less now that they felt so much pressure, fear, and uncertainty.

  When the guards left, Archie took one map from his bag and gave it to Adora and Catra.

  "Okay, here's when we split" sentenced Archie. Bow and Glimmer, unable to contain their emotions anymore went straight to the other two to hug them tightly.

  "Be careful" pleaded Glimmer emotionally, as they separated.

  "Yeah, yeah, you two, try not to die" replied Catra with fake indifference, she was elbowed by Adora.

  "Why do you always have to be so cutting?" said the girl, as Catra shrugged vainly.

  "It doesn't matter, I know deep down that hard shell, there's a big heart within" retorted Bow with an overacted feelings, then he laughed with the rest.

  "Good luck, see you soon," said Adora with a smile, "Take care of them," she asked Archie, who nodded before leaving with the couple.

  Parallel to this, in a seemingly abandoned building- that even had plants growing on its inside- three people waited. A young man with very short and light hair, with a head-to-toes dark uniform, he wore a huge amount of knives in it, and some swords in his back; and two other girls, which appeared to be twins, braiding their reddish hair. The three kept glancing at the door, expecting someone to arrive; the boy looked more impatient than the others. After a couple of minutes, Eira entered, panting, a bit annoyed and upset. The young man, who was lying on the ground, clapped ironically, pissing her off even more.

  "Finally, the princess has come" he cheered sardonically while laughing. Eira stared at him coldly, which made him smile defiantly, "I see, no princess today..." he said with fake sadness.

  "Sven, for once in your life, shut up," replied Laurel nastily, being her voice the one heard, despite coming from Eiras' body. Sven just laughed and sat on the floor.

  "What's the plan?" asked one of the twins, curiously as both stood up.

  "They split up in two groups: Archie, sparkles and the try-hard archer will go to the waterfall; while She-ra and kitty go to the cave" she explained, "Semira and Kaia you'll handle the first group," she pointed at the sisters, "And you, Sven, to the cave" she sentenced, without looking at him. She grabbed her head since she started to feel a strong headache.

  "You don't expect me to get in there, right?" he asked with an incredulous smile, which made Laurel turn around and stand right in front of him.

  "There won't be a better chance to eliminate her than when she's in there, so don't be a coward and do as I say" she ordered angrily, the tension built was immediately broken by Sven's laughter, "What?" she asked, upset.

  "I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously if you look like her, she's so sweet" he explained between laughs.

  Laurel, who had already lost any last shred of patience, used Eira's magic to send him flying against the closest wall. The twins witnessed the scene a bit uncomfortable.

  "Was that necessary?!" yelled the boy, as he angrily stood up and cleaned the dust off of his clothes.

  "Do as I say and stop messing with me" replied Laurel, "Any questions?" The three shook their heads, feeling a little afraid, "Okay then" she affirmed and retired from the place, under the scrutiny of the others.