Chapter 5: Forever... (is a long time) (Part 2)

"Shit" she hissed in pain, her vision immediately warned her that the animal was about to jump towards her. Catra had no other choice but to roll to a side a run, abandoning any hope of resting for at least a few seconds. "Can you tired out for once?" she yelled, out of mind, the creature replied by another lunge at her; Catra managed to dodge it, and the animal, in consequence, slammed his head against a tree. The girl took this opportunity to get as far as she could to hide, begging that the animal wouldn't find her, to go help Adora and get out of there right away.

  Sven fought She-ra as much as his body allowed him to, and even though he had a lot of experience in combat, there was no comparison to his strength or resistance against the magic warrior. His body started to take notice of it, that's why the boy found himself barely restraining She-ra's sword with his weapons. His arms hurt and trembled, but his spirit kept him from getting sliced into two pieces.

  "These things are durable" admitted Adora, while she applied more strength, noticing how Sven started to yield a little bit more and her sword got closer to his. The girl couldn't help but smile, her plan wasn't to kill him, of course, just to corner him enough to make him quit once and for all.

  "This planet has the best materials on the universe" he replied with a smile like they were having a casual conversation, but before Adora could say anything else, he yielded from the attack and moved out of the way at full speed. Sven expected to end with the warrior, stabbing her from the back, but his plan was foiled by Catra tackling him, who appeared just in time to save Adora. She-ra stared proudly at the girl, who was on top of Sven, threatening him with her claws, "Fine, I quit" the boy dropped his weapons and rose his hands above his shoulders, laughing and smiling at Catra, a bit nervous and tired. The girl got up, allowing him to do so as well, but She-ra wasted no time on threatening with her sword to stop him from doing anything else. Sven kept his hands up to show his submission, but suddenly his expression shifted of one of worry, it confused the duo: both had momentarily forgotten about Sven's pet, who was getting dangerously closer to them, "Keira, please no", the creature obeyed and stopped behind Adora, mere feet away, grunting in anger. Adora and Catra turned around surprised to corroborate since neither had heard it coming.

  The beautiful creature, which looked like a big bear, suddenly shifted, making Catra and Adora dropped their jaws in shock. Now her shape was similar to that of Melog, but with a slight difference in the fur, which was more purple, and the blue bits were instead pink.

  "How...?" Catra asked dumbfounded, staring at that being, involuntarily raising her hand to touch the animal.

  "I wouldn't do that..." tried to warn Sven, but Keira attempted to bite her before Catra could get any closer, earning a distrustful and angry stare by the girl, "I'm sorry, she has a big personality" the boy let out a laugh, and Keira looked to a side prideful.

  "I thought her race was extinct, how did you get her?" asked Adora with curiosity.

  "My father liked to rescue animals from the hands of illegal sellers, Keira was barely a puppy when he brought her. He couldn't just leave her, even if he didn't know how to care for her," he said laughing at the memories of his father nervously trying to figure out what to do with the animal, "Fairly quickly we grew fond of each other, she on her own way, of course," Sven looked at her with a smile, but Keira kept ignoring him, "We've been together for ages now, its all I have from my father" he added with sad eyes but without losing his smile at Adora.

  The tale managed to soften Adora a little bit, but she wasn't going to let her guard down so easily, so she hardened her stare again.

  "I miss Melog," Catra said out loud without meaning to, as she longingly stared at Keira, breaking the tension it had formed between them all. Both Adora and Sven gave her a bemused smile, the girl blushed at looked at the side, prideful like Keira, it made the other two laugh, but Sven suddenly stopped. This caught the girls' attention.