e i g h t e e n

"You are so stupid"

"How am I stupid, you idiot?"

"You should've asked to go with him"

I huffed once I heard what she was talking about. She wasn't letting this topic goo. Damn so stubborn.

"Maya you know how Dylan feels about me going on races"

"Yeah but still"

"Still what Maya? I cant just diss him"

I heard her sigh from the other side of the line which made me shook my head. I've let my back hit the bed as I closed my eyes.

"I don't know Bevs, I really don't. But lets talk about something else. Are you going to that camping project Mr. Brinley is forcing us to go?"

"Well I have to. Plus, we don't have to go to school on Friday so yeah.. I guess. You?"

"Ofcourse I doo. I mean you are going so yeah"

I smirked , instantly feeling better. At least Maya is going on that stupid camping project.

As I heard something from downstairs , I straightened myself up from the bed.

"I'll call you later okay"

"Yeah sure, bye"

I hanged up, throwing my phone on the bed. I went downstairs and I can say I regreted that, as soon as I stepped into the living room.

My father was sitting there, watching something on Tv. Unfortenately, he soon noticed me.

"Beverly"

I looked up just to notice that eyes were staring at me. I looked away, trying to find something to look at.

"I'm sorry for interupting you I just came-.."

"No, no. Come, sit here with me"

I looked at him in disbelief. I can't actually remember when was the last time my father had a proper talk with me.

"I don't think thats good idea"

"Why?"

Now, his eyes showed some kind of sympathy towards me, which he never did before.

"Why are you doing this?"

In couple of seconds his face expression changed from sympathy, to.. hurt?

"Why am I doing what Beverly?"

"Talking to me. For my 17 years, you never talked to me, you know father- daughter talk. You barely looked at me. Why now?"

The more I talked, his face only showed saddness. Why? Why now? I don't uderstand.

"Beverly I just want to-..."

"You just want what? To rebuilt the relationship with me? I think its a little late for that"

"Just hear me out okay?"

"No! I don't want to hear what you have to say! Because I know its all bullshit!"

"Beverly"

"No, dont! You were never home, I never had a proper father. Kids at school always asked why my father never comes to school? And you know what I told them?"

He wasnt blinking. He was just sitting there watching my outbursts. Watching my face only getting angrier by each word that left my mouth.

"I told them you were dead"

When he heard what I have said, It was like someone punched him in the face.
His eyes widened, and almost immediately he stood up from the couch.