Chapter 15

I wake up in the middle of the night sweating. Why? I don't know.

"Hunter," I whispered to Hunter beside me.

"Hmmm?" He hummed in response.

"Can you let go? I need to go tinkle," I said. Oh, I forgot to mention, his arm was resting on my waist while the palm of his hand was placed on my bloated belly.

He let me go and I did my business. I was washing my hands when a hand covered my mouth. I looked up in the mirror to see Nick.

"Hello, my sweet. How's it going?" He said. I smelled alcohol on his breath. He's been drinking.

"Let me go!" I tried to say but is was muffled by his horrid hand.

"No," was the only response I got before everything turned into darkness.

Hunters P.O.V•

After I let my beautiful Riley go to the toilet to do her business, I heard thrashing.

I got up silently and took my silver Glock 18 gun that I hid under the mattress and when to the bathroom that was connected to our room.

As I kicked down the door I saw that Nick guy trying to take my beloved Riley.

"Leave her or die!" I shouted.

"No," was his reply before I cocked my gun and shot him in his chest.

His limp body dropped Riley and I ran to get her before she fell and touched the ground. I looked over her and realized she had a handkerchief that had chloroform in it, to knock her out cold.

Then something wet dropped on her cheek.

Am I... crying?

Yes I am... for my child and my future wife, Riley Harper. Soon to be Riley Blue.

That night I took her to bed and held her like I never held her before. Without hurting our child, of course.