5. Epiphany

"Can you stop?" Trixie said annoyed.

"Stop what, baby?"

"Distracting me while I'm working! You know I need to finish this by friday." The other woman continued to kiss Trixie's neck and run her fingers on top of the blonde's breasts covered by a pink lacy bra. "Baby, c'mon..."

The woman closed the laptop and sat on Trixie's lap, moving her hair out of the way to kiss that pretty collarbone.

"I want you so bad." The woman said between kisses.

"I'm all yours, Katya."

That was the last thing Trixie remembered from the dream. She sat down on her bed trying to figure out what was the loud noise and out of a sudden, the noise stopped and her phone screen lit up showing a missing call from her boss. Trixie only had time to check what time it was before the phone rang again.

"Yes?" Trixie said.

"You're awake, great. I need you to come over like, right now."

"It's 2:43 AM."

"I know, but I wouldn't been calling you if it wasn't important. I had a huge idea for our next project and I need you to bring your camera."

"Katya, I-"

"Trixie, I really need to do it now, while the idea is still fresh in my mind. You can come in your PJ's don't worry about anything, just please be quick."

"Alright... give me your address." Trixie said without thinking too much.

She got up and brushed her teeth before throwing on a cardigan and tying her hair in a high and messy ponytail. She grabbed her glasses and camera and searched for Katya's address on the Uber app, realizing it was only six blocks from her apartment. Trixie was sure she was not thinking straight when she got on her bike and after a couple of minutes, she was in front of Katya's door.

"You look good without makeup." It was the first thing Katya said when she saw the younger girl. "You can keep your bike in my garage and come in, no shoes please."

Trixie noticed the chaos as soon as she stepped in; Katya's house was not as big as Trixie imagined. On the first floor, she had a shelf with rolls of fabric in every color and pattern, a cozy red couch in front of a huge TV and a small kitchen with a lot of knifes decorating the walls.

"Nice place." she simply said.

"You don't have to lie, Barbie." Katya said.

"I'm not, I didn't expected any less coming from you."

"Well, thanks, I guess. Can I offer you a drink? Tea, coffee, diet coke..?" Katya asked making her way to the kitchen and pouring a cup of coffee to herself.

"Tea is fine, thanks."

While Katya was boiling the water, she decided to take a further notice on Trixie. She was wearing pink socks, pink plaid flannel pants, white long sleeve shirt and baby pink cardigan. She noticed her employee was not wearing a bra due to her hard nipples perking through her shirt, making Katya remembered every detail of her breasts when she was painting Trixie's naked body.

"So, what do you have in mind?" Trixie asked, grabbing the mug of tea.

"I actually have a lot of things going on inside my head now. I always have those kind of epiphanies in the middle of the night. I just need to think straight and have someone helping me organize my ideas." Katya simply explained.

For a moment Trixie was pissed she came to her boss's house for nothing other than helping her to think, but on the other hand, she appreciated Katya trusted her enough to ask for her opinion. Of all people, of all employees who had been working for her for years, she still chose Trixie.

"Let's get to work then, I feel motivated when I'm around you."

"Motivated or scared?" Katya said jokingly.

"Kind of...both." She laughed.

When the sun began to rise, they already had a lot of ideas on the paper and couldn't agree in any of them. They decided they would continue Katya's hiatus project that was about personification of feelings.

"Oh my god, it's almost 7 AM. Are you hungry?" Katya asked looking at her phone.

"Honestly, yes."

"I have a brownie mixture somewhere in my kitchen. Sounds good?"

"Sounds perfect." Trixie smiled.

Trixie loved this human side of Katya. Ever since the photoshoot, she was looking at Katya with admiration and respect instead of fear. She realized Katya was tough because she won't tolerate watching her dreams not coming true because of incompetence of other people. She only chooses people she trusts with her entire life and that's how she shows she cares about people, trusting them her dream.

"What are you thinking about?" Katya asked after realizing Trixie was daydreaming.

"I guess I'm just trying not to sleep."

"You don't have to go to work today. But don't get used to it." Katya said pointing her the spoon covered with brownie dough.

Trixie realized Katya was in a really good mood, so, after they sat down on the couch to wait for the brownies, she decided it was the right time to ask Katya about what had happened with Pearl.

"Katya, can I ask you why did you tell Pearl that you forced me to invite you?"

"Why? Do you think that was lame?" Katya said, defensively.

"No! I really appreciated it. I just wanna know why you stood by me, I honestly thought you hated me."

"I don't hate you. I definitely don't love you, but since you were so nice and caring about me I thought it was only fair I'd do the same for you." Katya simply said, making Trixie surprised.

"Thank you. For being nice and for not hating me." She laughed.

"I don't think people can actually hate you. Sure, you're annoying as fuck, but you're nice."

They looked at each other's eyes for a quarter of second that felt like hours. Trixie felt the need to get closer to Katya and she gently brushed her lips on hers.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Katya asked with their lips still connected.

Trixie immediately moved away from her.

"I- I thought-"

"What? That I was interested on you? God, that's what you get for being nice."

"Katya, I'm so, so sorry." Trixie was almost crying.

"Yeah, that was very inconvenient and not requested at all, but it's okay."

"Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed." Trixie was actually crying then.

"Trixie, get yourself together! Are you a teenager? It's fine." Katya said getting up. "Look, just forget it, right? I'm gonna take a look on our brownies."

Katya left to the kitchen and without thinking twice, Trixie grabbed her phone and left, leaving her camera behind, and running to get on her bike and get away from Katya as soon as possible.