20 | fix

16:45 | KKY ➔ PDK | GATE 12 | FLIGHT 1410 | DELAYED

THERE HAD been an unspecified incident on their airship, and it needed to undergo mandatory repairs.

Wait time: Unknown.

"We could use our licenses to get seats on another flight," Sen suggested.

"No," said Gon. "I won't use my license yet."

His tone was final. Sen stared. Wasn't he the one who wanted to be a Hunter so badly in the first place? Hunters had to use their licenses.

"Oi, oi," Leorio frowned. "There's another flight to Padokea leaving in an hour. If we want to get to Kukuroo Mountain as soon as possible, shouldn't we take the most convenient option?"

Hadn't Gon been furious with Killua's situation before? He'd broken Illumi's arm, demanded the Zoldyck Estate's location, and now he was fine with waiting?

When she first met him, Gon came off as friendly but a bit... innocent, for lack of a better word. His actions, however, kept hinting that something a little darker and erratic was hiding under there.

"I'm with Gon," Kurapika said, to her surprise.

The two shared a glance, gazes unreadable.

Sen looked back and forth between them. Okay, there was something else going on. As much as the older sister in her wanted to pry it out of them, she had other things to do.

"Alright, whatever," she shrugged. "Someone find me when there's an update on our flight. I have an appointment to keep."

"An appointment?" Leorio sputtered. "What are you, a businesswoman?"

"Okay!" Gon's eyes glittered. "Have fun, Sen-chan!"

Gon wasn't prone to digging. If he wasn't going to question Sen's actions, she wouldn't question his. Besides, it's not like Sen herself was particularly forthcoming. 

Just then, a sharp whistle rang out. Like a master calling back its pet. 

She grimaced. That piece of shit.

"See you," Sen waved at her friends, heading towards the whistle.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

She spotted Kotaro instantly. Mainly because everyone else was looking at him, too. 

As soon as he hit puberty, her brother grew into his musculature and good looks. He got less ugly every day, and Sen was jealous. Kotaro was the prettiest person ever and she was still a skinny, awkward kid.

The whistling asshole was leaning near a charging station, phone plugged in. 

"Oniisan!" Sen barrelled into her brother from the side. Partly to be annoying, mostly because she missed him.

"Parasite," he stroked her hair. "Did you miss me?"

"I missed your cooking."

"Didn't bring any," Kotaro unplugged his phone. "C'mon. Let's get you something to eat."

Sen nearly cried at the sight of fresh white rice and fried tofu. Kotaro sipped his coffee.