Chapter 18: The first task

At dinner, I sat outside, not being that hungry. I took a seat under a large oak tree beside the lake. I heard people walk up behind me. I turned around to see Ron, Harry, and Hermione.  Hermione ran up to me and hugged me. I haven't seen her since I was selected as a "champion".

"Oh my god! Hailey, why would you put your name in that goblet?" She said squeezing the breath out of me.

"I didn't. I think Pansy asked someone to put it in there." I said rolling my eyes.

"What a bloody..... RAT!!" She screamed like she said a bad word as she backed away from me. She covered her mouth and I rolled my eyes and giggled at how innocent she was.

"Sorry, I've calmed down." She said

"It's fine, I've done worse to her." As I said that Ron and Hermione's eyes opened wide and Harry just laughed

"Why are you laughing Harry she could get expelled!?!?" Hermione said seriously

"If you knew my sister longer you would understand. At least she didn't kill her." He said as we both laughed and the other two looked at us like we were absolutely bonkers.

"Anyways," I say after I stop laughing "what's up?" I asked

"Right!" Said Ron "Hagrid wants to talk to you!" He said seriously

"Why?" I ask baffled

"I can't say right here- just go talk to him." He snapped

"It's about the tournament." Hermione whispered

"Oh! Before you go! You'll be needing this!" He said handing me the cloak of invisibility

"Oh, ok, I'll be off then!" I said skipping away to Hagrid's hut

..................

"Oh my! Are those... Dragons?" The extremely.... tall woman said as she peered over a big cluster of bushes.

"Yea, an I reckon, that is going to be the first task." He says while subtly peering over his shoulder where he knew I was standing under the invisibility cloak.

"Wow! I am going to get a closer look" the rather big woman stated as she left me and Hagrid behind the bushes.

"What the hell Hagrid! I'm going to be burnt to a crisp!" I say as I take the hood of the cloak off of my head.

"Why are you showing me this?" I ask dumbfounded

"Because you are the youngest contestant and you are at an unfair advantage!" He said

"Hagrid that is something only a lying, evil, snake would agree to do!" I said seriously

He looked down like he was disappointed in himself. Then I looked up with a wicked smirk and said, "good thing I'm all of the above..."

..................

Weeks had passed and everyone was getting on with their studies. After I figured out what was going on I told Cedric. As time passed the date of my doom crept closer and closer till the week of the task was here. The task was on Friday and it was Thursday. This past week I have been spending time with all the people I care about such as Savvy, Harry, Hermione, even Ron, and Draco. We do be fuckin a lot.

I've been sending a lot of owls back and fourth with Sirius. Telling him I love him and if I die to not miss me too much. Anyways as the final night arrives I walk back to the common room after my possible final dinner go up to my dorm change into this: