Chapter 23: I Have Gills?!?

I'm doing this backwards bc I forgot the ball comes b4 this.

I'm shitting myself...

I haven't seen Savvy for three days. I'm worried something happened. I already asked McGonagle if she has any idea where she could possibly be and she said she was okay but something feels seriously wrong about this...

Today is the second part of the tournament and I know she wouldn't miss saying goodbye to me because... well, I'm probably going to die. But if I was told she's okay then I guess I have to believe it. I can not let anything distract me right now though.

"Are you ready to go?" Draco asked

"No. Have you seen Savvy?"

"No. But I'm sure she'll be there. " Draco encouraged

"Okay... Let's go." And with that we headed off to the boats.

..............

"Do you have the gilly weed?"

"Yes, Draco. For the 100th time, I have the gilly weed. " I said

"Damn woman. Don't get your tits in a twist. " Draco said putting his hands up beside his head.

I glared at him in the most nasty way possible before Dumbledore announced that the games would be starting in 5 minutes.

"Okay" Draco said turning me around by my shoulders to look at him "you got this shit. This can't possibly be that hard. Hell I bet your brother could do this!!" He said matter o factly

I glare at him.

"Sorry... Anyways, all you have to do is search the lake for the missing item. Do you have any idea of what they could have taken from you?"

"No. All I know is that I still have my moms ring and my dads old feather quill." I stated

"Oh shit." He sighed "your screwed!"

"Thanks for that very encouraging speech. That makes me feel loooooaaaaadsss better!" I say Sarcasm oozing from my voice.

"I know. I'm amazing aren't I?" I rolled my eyes at that

"Champions, the competition will be starting in three seconds!" Dumbledore said

"Eat that slime shit." Draco said

"Three..."

I wonder if my tampon will come out when I turn into a mermaid.

"Two..."

Ewwww this is so gross! I feel like I'm swallowing a- actually that's inappropriate."

"ONE!"

Here we go...

CANNONBALL!!!!!

💦

As soon as I jump in my legs start to tingle. It feels like when your foot falls asleep and it tingles super weird. I hold in my breath as long as I possibly can but when I have to breath I hope my gills are working.

As soon as I realize I can breath I look at my surroundings. Holy shit!

I am about six feet deep already and another couple feet down there is a huge forest of seaweed. The seaweed is a whole bunch of different colors. There is orange seaweed, green seaweed, and blue seaweed. It's beautiful.

No time for that Hailey! You only have an hour!

I go deeper into the water and swim through the underwater forest. I hear a noise come from my right so I turn to look and notice a mermaid.

She look nothin like me. Shawty need some better conditioner.

Dang it Hailey! Shut up!!!

You need to find this object. Okay let's follow her.

As I follow her through the thick forest of seaweed.

About after 30 frickin minutes of swimming, we got to a huge opening. I saw a bunch of students. I saw Hermione, Fleur's little sister, and a girl with long black hair I recognized as  Cedric's date to the ball. I remember Harry bitching about it to me.

And there. That seems to be Savvy. They aren't objects they are taking. It's people. Our friends. Family. This is sick.

I swim up to savvy and use a spell to disconnect her from the chains she's tied too. I have to get back, knowing how long it took to get here. I grab her and start to head back but stop soon as a shark thing comes right at me. I then see the bottom half of its body and realize it's Krum. But Fleur should be here by now. Where is she?

I had already tried to get Hermione but one of the merpeople almost took my head off. Said I was only aloud to take one. But now that Fleur is no where to be found... I have too. God. I should get an award. I'm being nice. I'm never nice.

I quickly swam back and grabbed her. I swam as fast as I could knowing that at least one mer-thing saw me. As soon as I had almost reached the platforms something grabbed my leg and pulled me down. Just as I was almost there. Snatched down. Jeez. Have some respect.

My gillyweed is wearing off my gills are closing and my fins are gone. I can't breath and I'm still being drowned. I push the little girl and Savvy up above the water and I get attacked by octopus things. When the wrap they're tentacles around me it feels like razors cutting through my skin.

After about 1 more minute, or that's what it feels like anyway, I finally get most of them off and I use a spell to shoot me above the water. As I break through the surface I hear the screams of people and I land with a loud smack on the wood surface coughing up water with red marks all on my body.

Draco's POV:

A good 45 minutes in Fleur is forced out of the competition from not making it past some things under the water. She came up with red tentacle marks that looked quite painful. She only had one on her thigh but it still seemed to be very painful.

About five minutes later Cedric came up with... Cho? What? Where did she come from...

That's when it clicked. Savvy. They took people not objects. Oh god. Fleurs sister... she's gone. Poor Fleur. She started breaking down crying so I'm guessing she's figured out why she hasn't seen her sister in a while. Oh lord. That's sick.

Just after Cedric got back Krum did. Holding Hermione.

Ew. Why did he have to save her. That little twat punched me last year.

Hailey only has ten more minutes. I hope she's okay.

Ten minutes. Ten minutes and still no sign of Hailey. Oh god. Something is wrong. Surely the gillyweed has worn off by now. Suddenly two people pop up. Savvy and Fluers sister. But where is Hailey?

After about a minute of silence there is a red flash of light from under the water and Hailey is launched out of the water. Everyone starts cheering but I find myself running over to her. She is completely covered in the red marks. The ones from the same creatures that got Fleur. Hers look way more painful though.

I run and get her a towel and run back. I wrap the towel around her shivering body and hug her to give her some of my warmth.

"Ouchie" she says which made me chuckle

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Like a long while. My bad. Comment if u want lol. I tried to make this chapter super long as an apology. I got kinda bored but then I regained my love for this book and started writing again. The next chapter will be out in a couple days. School starts tomorrow. Ugh.