Chapter 3: Part Four " Choices " Entry 12

I wake up in the hospital again, nurses and doctors rush in the room. I hear screams down the hall, " he's awake! He's finally awake! ". My main doctor walks in the room and greets me then tells me he has some bad news.

Doctor Paeu : Mister Nievez, your fiance's brother, Angelo has passed.

Chris: What! No! How! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Doctor Paeu :From the scene of your car accident he was heli-transported to the closest surgical hospital. He suffered from severe concussions and internal bleeding on the spinal cord part of his brain. We had him on life support for 2 weeks then un-plugged it at 12 am one night.

Chris: Oh my god, no! He was like my closest friend, he was like a brother to me.

Doctor Paeu: I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Nievez. As for you, man, you were out for 3 months.

Chris: 3 months? What happened to me?

Doctor Paeu: You suffered major concussions and after the first 3 days you slipped into a coma.

Chris: How's Angela, where is she?

Doctor Paeu: She's fine she just checked out 3 weeks ago. She went home just fine Sir don't worry. That's enough chit chat for now though, you have a visitor that is expected to be coming in the next half an hour or so.

I think to myself, who's coming to visit? Is it Angela or what? I can't wait to see.

About 25 minutes later Pablo walks in and he has that mean look on his face.

Pablo: Good afternoon, son. You've been out a while haven't you ? Haha , Angela is okay by the way.

Chris: Oh my god thanks for telling me sir I really do appreciate it.

Pablo: That's the least of my worries right now. I've came to visit you today because I wanted for us to finish our conversation from a while ago. Your two choices are 1.) You fake your death and never talk to Angela again or 2.) I tell her who you really are and I arrest you for the fact that you keep drugs stashed at your house.

Chris: I choose #2 arrest me. If it allows me to once again talk to Angela again in the future then so be it.

Pablo : Okay then I'm bringing you right now.

I cant believe I'm turning myself in, hopefully I can find some valuable partners in there, well see.

Pablo and I arrive at the holding center and what awaits me is 4 days later being sentenced to 5 years for the abuse of materials to produce illegal substances.

I'm then transferred to Rykers island . I'm now a member known as M4598063. The first few days of being in there was hard, there was a couple stabbings and a couple fights. To be honest I'm really terrified of this place because that could have been me.

I make friends with some of the inmates and I'm introduced into a gang, the North Block bricks. A few days later I had to catch blood to officially get into the gang. I spotted the guy who killed Angelo as one of the guards so a few days later I murdered him to get into the gang.

At least I don't have to be afraid of getting shanked now..

For a while.

-Choices