A New Name

(Ahaha... that's enough of being cringy now....... - Author-chan)

(Also let me admire the cuteness of this photo! Not my art!)

Y/n POV

I woke up to the loud sound of my alarm screaming at me for what felt like hours. I groan as I had a major headache. It was the aftermath of letting a bit of my dark part of my quirk out. I hadn't used it in a while so my body had forgotten the effects. I got up and walked to my bathroom where I stared at my messy self. That night... it's been a few days... He didn't even bother giving me his name... All he did was say a few words before leaving ...

I sigh as shake the odd encounter out of my head. I slipped on my uniform and brushed my bird nest hair away. Then I got ready before making breakfast. Aizawa had left already because he took the meal I left for him the night before. Taking a step out of the house and a large breadth of air, I looked up into the light blue sky. The wind blew my hair as I got ready to fly to UA.

As I was flying I saw Urakaka struggling to get to school on time. I sigh before flying down,

"Heyo," I say with my face devoid of emotion.

She seemed startled and a bit hesitant at first before greeting me. She has been like that from my fight with Bakugou. Hah... but she is getting used to it now and so is most of the class.

"I'm not going to hurt you" I look at her blankly while speaking

"Ahhh, sorry, I didn't mean to seem like that. You just surprised me" She said while rubbing her neck

I could tell she wasn't telling the full truth.

"Grab on, I'll fly us to school" (y/n)

"Uh- o-ok," she said confused and slightly afraid of me dropping her.

I grab both her hands as we take flight. She made herself a bit lighter as I could feel the weight difference. We flew to UA and I dropped her off at the entrance. (Not actually dropping her lol) We walked to class in comfortable silence and we were greeted by our classmates. I could tell most of them wanted to ask me about the black smoke but I ignored their looks. But everything has been sailing smoothly so far. They have only asked once but I refused to answer. Walking to my seat I could feel two intense stares glued onto my back. I ignore it while letting shoving my earbuds into my ears.

My thoughts wandered to the hooded figure once again, "We'll meet again" why did he have to say it like that. Mr. Aizawa came into the classroom explaining what we would be doing today. He said something about Heroes. The last few days I haven't once spoken to Todo or Baku. But with the girls, most respected my personal state of not wanting to talk about the smoke incident. Not much has changed. I was recognized in the streets and many people wanted to congratulate me. There were a few spouting that I was dangerous and unstable after I stabbed myself when my quirk was going haywire. I didn't care what they had to say or think. I had gotten 3rd place with Iida and the match ended up cancelled because we both weren't present.

The class was panicking as soon as Aizawa said today had something to do with hero informatics or whatever. I still didn't care much about it. My grades were similar to Momo's. Aizawa talked about how we were going to be getting hero names and I swear I could I heard my classmates yelling in their heads. I don't get why they look so happy to get a hero name. The teacher then proceeded to explain that we had hero's who had taken interest and a tally with our names appeared on the board. Todoroki got the most amount of votes with a total of 4123. I had come in second with 4005 votes. Hah, I scared some off. Bakugou came in third place.

Our classmates started joking around about the votes saying how Boom boom boy had placed third because of attitude. None the less Baku was pissed. Todo claimed that the votes were because of his dad and Urakaka was shaking Iida while crying out of joy that people wanted them. Midoryia got no votes and seemed pretty disappointed.